TB Dither is a plugin designed to modify the bit depth of audio signals, for example when authoring a CD or for archival purposes, with minimum quality degradation. Such process typically involves dithering, quantization, and noise shaping. TB Dither supports industry-standard dithering noise types such as RPDF (rectangular probability density function, 1 LSB wide) and TPDF (triangular probability density function, 2 LSBs wide). A GPDF (Gaussian probability density function) is provided as well.
TB Dither's uniqueness lies in the flexibility to shape and minimize the audibility of noise inherently introduced by bit depth reduction. Instead of providing a very limited set of a few, fixed noise shaping curves, TB Dither allows you to design the spectrum of the quantization noise using familiar tools such as low-shelf, high-shelf and peaking filters, just as any equalizer. This provides the ability to adjust quantization noise spectra according to the audio content, and envisioned reproduction system (s). If you can work with an EQ, you can work with TB Dither.
To get started, no less than 7 different noise shaping curves are provided and can be recalled from a menu, ranging from threshold-in-quiet curves, inverse dB (A) weighting, inverse ITU-R 468 curves, and several more.
Changes in Version 3.0.3
- Fixed a minor GUI memory leak.
- First release.
- Improved accuracy of RMS output VU meter.
- Improved quantization and noise shaping algorithm (derived from TB Dither).
- Fixed an issue causing the loudness history graph not displaying correctly when closing and re-opening the GUI.
- Mitigated a crash due to a bug in WaveLab when using EBU Loudness on stereo tracks.
- Fixed a bug that could result in unresponsiveness of Module.
- Added 'legacy' saturation mode to simulate v2.9 behavior.
- Added channel linking control and stereo gain meters.
- Improvement in transient detection/compression algorithm.
Changes in Version 3.0.2
- Fixed a text drawing issue on Windows XP.
- Reduced parameter change sensitivity with mouse drag and mousewheel movement.
- Various improvements in GUI drawing / refreshing / CPU load.
- Addition of mono processing mode switch for 50% CPU load reduction when applied on mono tracks.
- Improved behaviour when working with isolated segments.
- Resolved issue with attenuated audio output at the beginning of an event or track.
- Fixed a bug in one of the compressor modes that could cause crackling noise on bass signals.
- Minor improvement in transient response for 'Modern punch' compressor mode.
- Updated to v3.0 with new features, new GUI and improved automation.
- Added transient compression character control in expert panel.
17 Apr 2012 ToneBoosters Plug-ins updated to v2.6.1
10 Oct 2011 ToneBoosters updated to Version 2.3
05 Sep 2011 ToneBoosters 2.2 released
22 Jun 2009 Jeroen Breebaart updates Red Phatt Pro to v1.0.3