24th June 2011
VirSyn has announced the release of iSyn Poly for iPad, the successor to the popular iSyn pattern synthesizer for iPhone.
iSyn Poly is an electronic music creation tool for your iPad. It features 3 synthesizers (two monophonic, and one 8-voice polyphonic), a drum machine, and a full featured sequencer. Expect some serious sounds easily covering all those fat frequencies so prevalent in modern production from the analog modeling synths in iSyn Poly.
The sequencer contains four recording tracks that correspond to each instrument, and each is laid out in a familiar piano roll style. Real-time recordings can be cleaned up with quantization, and notes can be selected, edited, and copied; just like a computer sequencer. Each track also includes five lanes of automation for controlling velocity and pitch, and any parameters assigned to the mod wheel and X/Y pad.
Last not least you can hook up your MIDI Keyboard.
iSyn Poly was developed by VirSyn in partnership with audioMIDI.com. It costs $9.99 and is available now on the Apple App Store.
Three Independent Synthesizers
One polyphonic synth with eight voices and two monophonic synths with:
- Three oscillators with sawtooth, pulse, triangle and sine waves. Modulations routings: LFO->pitch, filter ADSR->cutoff, LFO->pulse width.
- White/Pink noise generator.
- Classic 24 dB/oct ladder-style lowpass filter with drive parameter. Modulations routings: LFO->Cutoff, Filter ADSR->Cutoff.
- Amp section includes distortion with drive, asymmetry and crusher.
- Control matrix allows real time control of five parameters using the X/Y touch pad, the modulation wheel and the tilt sensors of the iPad.
- Arpeggiator for automated sequences.
- 64 factory presets, unlimited user presets can be shared.
- Eight simultaneous instruments arranged into eight user-selectable drum kits.
- Editor page allows tuning, panning, level and decay time for individual instruments.
- iSyn Poly features one global effects unit with phaser, flanger, chorus and stereo/cross delay.
- Play melodies live with onscreen keyboard/drum pads. Drag fingers for slides and vibrato.
- Optionally use CoreMIDI compatible hardware keyboard.
Full featured Sequencer:
- Four track sequencer with piano roll and automation editor.
- Real time recording with quantize function and metronome.
- Arrange your songs with variable length patterns. Move and copy/paste patterns.
- Recording and playback of X/Y Pad movements, mod wheel, pitch bend and key velocity.
- Full set of editing functions with unlimited undo.
- Manage unlimited number of songs.
- Render song or patterns to audio and MIDI files.
- Audio pasteboard.
- Exchange songs and user presets with File Sharing in iTunes.
22 Apr 2013 VirSyn Spring Special Offers
27 Nov 2012 VirSyn Autumn Special Offers
27 Sep 2012 VirSyn releases Harmony Voice for iOS
22 Mar 2012 VirSyn updates Addictive Synth for iPad to v2.0
24 Nov 2011 VirSyn updates Addictive Synth for iPad to v1.2
19 Sep 2011 VirSyn updates Addictive Synth for iPad v1.1
27 May 2011 VirSyn updates iVoxel for iOS to v1.4