24th January 2014
Waves Audio has introduced the SoundGrid Studio System, an open platform that seamlessly integrates with all DAWs and SoundGrid-compatible I/Os.
With the SoundGrid Studio System, users can run a nearly unlimited amount of plugins; track and rehearse with full-on effects and near-zero latency; connect everything and everyone through a centralized hub; and network with multiple DAWs. Furthermore, the system is compatible with both Waves and third-party plugins.
The SoundGrid Studio System includes the following components:
- SoundGrid Studio Application – Smoothly integrates with all DAWs and SoundGrid-compatible I/Os, providing endless possibilities for setups of every size, from a single DAW with one SoundGrid I/O, to a whole network of host computers, I/Os and SoundGrid DSP servers.
- eMotion ST – The mixer component of the SoundGrid System. Integrates with StudioRack and lets users run SoundGrid plugins for low-latency monitoring and rehearsing outside of their DAW.
- 8 input channels, 64 inputs from StudioRack.
- 2 stereo FX, 6 stereo aux buss/return, and a main mix buss.
- 8 insert slots per channel for SoundGrid plugins.
- Connect multiple SoundGrid-compatible devices and hosts.
- StudioRack Virtual Plugin Rack – A virtual plugin rack designed to run plugin chains and offload plugin processing to a SoundGrid DSP server. The StudioRack plugin opens as an insert on any channel, letting users run chains of up to eight plugins per rack, with the option of directing the processing to a host computer CPU or a SoundGrid DSP server.
- Compatible with Waves and third-party plugins.
- Bridges Pro Tools' HDX DSP and the SoundGrid DSP server in order to process plugins in low latency while recording.
- Intuitive MIDI and quick-access controls.
- Monitor mix integration with eMotion ST.
Visit www.waves.com for more information.