|Product||1975 Classic Console Compressor|
|Type / Tags|
|1.0 / 1.1.2||-|
|Copy Protection||Dongle (PACE iLok Smart Key)|
1975 Classic Console Compressor digitally recreates a popular feed forward 1975 VCA Compressor ("Warm and Aggressive").
Two different URS 1975 Classic Compressor plug-ins are included:
- Compressor/Limiter/Side Chain version, with a modern "Brick Wall Limiter" that was not found on the vintage unit.
- Compressor Only version, which is 3x more DSP efficient. It will act as a Limiter when the ratio is set at 10:1 and above.
The Compressor's Knee is fully adjustable from hard to soft. The Compressor/Limiter/Side Chain version has adjustable knee as well. This allows for:
- Soft compression and soft knee limiting.
- Soft compression and hard knee limiting.
- Hard compression and hard knee limiting.
- Hard compression and soft knee limiting.
The Compressor and Limiter sections are totally independent of each other. Both feature separate variable Attack, Release and Threshold controls. The Internal Side Chain High and Low Pass Filters fine tune how narrow or "Broad Band" the URS 1975 Classic Compressor will affect the program material. Both Filters completely overlap to dial in problem frequencies. The Listen Key is after the Filters section. This allows you to monitor the signal being sent to the Gain Reduction detection circuit.
The URS 1975 Classic Compressor signal flow inserts the Gain Makeup control before the final Limiter. This is the secret to how hard you can hit the final "Brick Wall" Limiter. The URS Classic Compressor utilizes Feed-back gain sensing which gives Compression and Limiting a servo type of control.
The URS 1975 Classic Compressor also adds other powerful modern features such as totally variable Compression Ratios, Attack and Release times.
Features / Specifications:
- Input Level.
- Gain Make up Output Control.
- Separate Limiter and Compressor Threshold controls.
- Variable Limiter Knee.
- Variable Limiter Attack Time 1ms - 50ms.
- Variable Limiter Release Time 50ms - 1500ms.
- "Brick Wall" Limiter Ratio fixed at 1000:1.
- Variable Compressor Knee.
- Variable Compressor Attack Time 1ms - 50ms.
- Variable Compressor Release Time 100ms - 1500ms.
- Selectable Compressor Ratio 1:1, 2:1, 3:1, 4:1. 6:1, 8:1, 10:1, 20:1. Infinity.
- Variable Hi-pass Filter Side chain @ 12dB per Octave 20hz to 5K.
- Variable Lo-pass Filter Side chain @ 12dB per Octave 20Khz to 1k.
- Gain Reduction Meter.
- In / Out Bypass switch - selectable Limiter, Compressor or both.
- Line input Trim offers -10 to +20 gain variable to .1db.
- Plasma Style Input and Output VU Meters.