|Type / Tags|
|Utility||Stand-alone utility / application|
Arpist is an arpeggiator designed for MIDI hardware, iOS instrument apps and DAWs. Arpist processes MIDI input to generate musical arpeggios and rhythms.
You can create rhythmic dynamics using the variable-step Rhythm Grid, in which you can create loud and soft steps, play chords for emphasis and skip steps altogether.
Arpist stores settings in snapshots, called Song Blocks. You can organize your settings across multiple Song Blocks to sequence through various patterns and rhythms while you play.
Key Signature and Transpose controls allow you to diatonically transpose your patterns, in any key, in real-time.
Advanced features include MIDI Remote Control and MIDI Clock Send and Sync. With MIDI Remote Control, you can manipulate Arpist's controls from your keyboard, especially useful when Arpist is running in the background.
Note that Arpist is a MIDI generator, not a synthesizer. Enjoy Arpist with your favorite keyboard or iOS synth app.
Robust MIDI Support:
- App-to-app MIDI.
- Supports CoreMIDI-compliant iOS hardware.
- Supports Network MIDI over WiFi.
- Send and Receive MIDI Clock.
- MIDI Learn for MIDI Remote Control of Arpist parameters.
- Send Start/Stop playback commands.
- Tap Tempo | 20 – 500 BPM.
- Rate | Whole Note – 1/64th triplet.
- Gate | 0 – 100%.
- /- 4 Octaves.
- Hold / Add incoming notes.
- Use Song Blocks to automate through sets of parameter values.
- Set a unique number of beats to each Song Block.
- Pitch quantization for all Major and Minor keys.
- Diatonic and chromatic transposition.
- Velocity Range and Randomizer.
- Swing Amount.
Nuance & Style:
- Set each step to play loud, soft or be skipped.
- Retrigger patterns on any step.
- Render chord hits on any step.
- Pre-configure note sequences with integrated virtual keyboard.
- Use integrated virtual keyboard to play live.