Bluegrass Banjo is a sample library for NI Kontakt and the Apple EXS24 featuring a pre-war style banjo played by Colorado bluegrass musician Chris Elliot. An algorithmic KSP string script has been employed in order to give the user total control of the left hand fingering technique of the banjo, offering a wide range of tonal variety.
- 5 round-robins for each of the 5 strings of the banjo. Strings 1 through 4 were sampled chromatically up to the 17th fret. The first string was sampled up to the 22nd fret.
- Various articulations: Hammer-Ons and Pull-Offs, Half and Whole step Slides as well as Harmonics. All with 2 x independent round-robins per key.
- Freely assignable Key-Switches for Fret Positions and String Imposes. Articulations may also be triggered via velocity instead of key switches. A new fret algorithm automatically selects the correct fret according to the played note*.
- An advanced KSP Pitch Bend control*.
- Major, minor and diminished chords in 3 voicings (low, mid and high), short and long articulations with 2 x round-robins per chord.
- REX format banjo rolls (arpeggios) in 3/4 and 4/4 time. Major, minor and diminished rolls recorded in the most common banjo keys.
- The rolls can be played in any key you like, in the Kontakt "Rolls" patches*.
- A MIDI Guitar Banjo instrument for those using MIDI guitar controllers.
* NI Kontakt feature only.