|Product||Brainworx bx_console N|
|Developer||Plugin Alliance / Brainworx|
|Type / Tags|
bx_console N builds on bx_console, the channel strip model of Brainworx Founder/CEO Dirk Ulrich's personal Neve VXS large-format analog mixing console with patent-pending TMT (Tolerance Modeling Technology) that delivers 72 unique channels reproducing the analog characteristics of the original console.
- Models the rare, large-format Neve VXS analog mixing console, offering 72 different channels.
- Channel randomization feature lets you instantly assign a unique TMT channel number to every instance of the plugin in your entire session (up to 72 channels).
- Full-featured channel strip includes a Compressor/Limiter, Expander/Gate, 4-band EQ, and wide-ranging High Pass and Low Pass filters.
- Tolerance Modeling Technology (TMT, Patent Pending) simulates channel-to-channel variances in electronic components for the most realistic analog sound.
- EQ can be placed before or after the Dynamics section (Compressor/Limiter and Expander/Gate) in the audio path, or routed to the Dynamics' sidechain.
- Frequency ranges for the High Pass and Low Pass filters can be independently shifted by a factor of three, greatly expanding tone-shaping capabilities.
- Compressor/Limiter features continuously variable Threshold, Ratio, Release, (makeup) Gain, and wet/dry Mix controls; an adjustable threshold control for a secondary, exponential release function; an auto-release mode; two alternate attack times and threshold ranges; and a dedicated, continuously variable High Pass filter in its sidechain.
- Compressor/Limiter allows linking all channels (stereo or surround) within a single multi-channel plugin instance.
- Expander/Gate features continuously variable Threshold, Range and Release controls; two alternate Threshold ranges; and a Fast-attack switch.
- Gate features continuously variable Hysteresis control that prevents on-off chattering when input signal level fluctuates around the threshold.
- Invert function lets you hear just the portion of signal that will be gated or expanded, helping you quickly set the most effective threshold.
- Expander/Gate can be keyed by an external sidechain input signal.
- Continuously variable THD control adds colorful saturation independently per channel.
- Continuously variable Virtual Gain control adds simulated analog noise independently per channel for extra analog vibe.
- Comprehensive metering and monitoring facilities incl. M/S solo features.
- EUCON parameter mapping provided for Avid console controllers, including the S6 and S6L.