|Developer||de la Mancha|
|Type / Tags|
erratic 2 is a drum sample player with many randomising and velocity sensitive options to make any drum pattern sound different on each loop. It can be used to add realism or surrealism depending on how you want to set it up. At the core you have a 15 slot drum sampler with 6 velocity layers per slot, each layer can be played according to velocity, cycled (round-robin) or randomly triggered. To vary things up a bit you can determine the hit probability and hit repeat probability for each slot and add a random factor for the velocity, pan and swing for each hit.
In addition to the velocity layers, this update adds velocity-sensitive decay envelopes for volume & filter cut-off, as well as velocity sensitivity to pitch and filter cut-off. Another new feature is the hit repeat probability, with delay time, repeat velocity and velocity sensitive feedback. The step-sequencer is replaced by a more flexible MIDI / piano-roll triggering, which allows better management of note precision, long patterns and different time signatures. Improvements have been made to give 4 choke groups across all samples, better mute/solo options, sample reverse, sample normalisation, MIDI out, support for 32-bit wavs and more samples than ever before.
- Plays any 16, 24 or 32-bit stereo / mono WAV files from RAM for low CPU.
- 15 sample slots, each triggered by user-definable MIDI note.
- 6 velocity layers per sample slot, can be selected by velocity, round-robin or random.
- 4 choke groups, each slot can be assigned to a group and be cut by a group.
- Per sample slot parameter modulation includes:
- Hit probability.
- Swing randomising.
- Hit repeat probability, with adjustable delay time, repeat velocity and velocity sensitive feedback.
- Velocity randomisation.
- Pan randomisation.
- Velocity sensitive pitch.
- Velocity sensitive volume decay envelope with adjustable contours.
- Low pass filter with velocity sensitive cut-off.
- Velocity sensitive cut-off decay envelope with adjustable contours.
- MIDI out.
- Mute and solo for each sample slot.
- Sample reverse.
- Sample slot normalisation.
- Selectable mono/stereo and quality level for low RAM systems.
- Multi-out version has 15 stereo outputs for routing to individual mixer channels in your host.
- Single-out version available where host does not support multi-out plug-ins.
- 1480 samples (306 MB) covering velocity sampled acoustic kits, vintage electronic, glitch, jazz, world and esoteric noises.
- Over 40 presets covering various kits and technique examples.