|Type / Tags|
GigaPulse is Tascam's first VST plug-in for Windows. Using convolving technology, which essentially "samples" a room or acoustic body, GigaPulse can emulate any room, vintage EQ or microphone.
GigaPulse goes beyond most convolving reverb plug-ins with its built-in mic modeling, which can change the quality of the reverb recording or can be used on its own to add vintage microphone warmth to your recordings. The user can select the position of the sound source in the room with a 2-dimentional grid, the perfect effect for orchestral arrangements and other spacious mixes. And Tail Extension technology allows the reverb impulse recording to be stretched for a longer decay, and when combined with Turbo mode reduces the processing load on the computer, allowing more instances of the plug-in to be used.
- Acoustic space modeling via exclusive convolving algorithms.
- Create new impulses from your own recordings.
- 2D mic/source placement – move your source to up to 18 locations in a room.
- Microphone modeling can be applied to the environment or used alone.
- Tail extension lets you stretch reverb decay.
- Turbo Mode reduces the processing load to free up your CPU for more instances.
- "Move" the mic using the Perspective slider, controlling the reverb amount while maintaining phase and stereo imaging.
- Impulse libraries will be available from TASCAM, or download numerous freeware impulses from the internet.