HurdyGurdy is a sample based instrument designed to closely reproduce not only the sound but also the true behaviour of the original instrument. With its detailed control options it allows you to play ethnic, traditional and historic styles and ornaments spontaneously and with ease.
- Four voices (chanter, drone1, drone2, trompette).
- The integrated StringVerb audio effect models a cluster of six sympathetic strings. StringVerb is also included as a separate VST effect.
True drone instrument behavior:
- Chanter and drones will sound continuously as long as the instrument is playing.
- The trompette buzz action is controllable through keyboard range, pitch wheel or continuous MIDI controller.
- The volume of the chanter string attack noise is velocity sensitive and can be adjusted through a panel control.
- The trompet action will raise the overall pitch and volume of the instrument to model the effect of the wheel acceleration.
- Pitchbend can be applied on the chanter string only to simulate the bending of the chanter string as applied through the tangent keys.
- Six voices (sympathetic string resonators).
- The resonator string material can be set anywhere between a damp gut/nylon like sound and a brilliant metallic tone.
- A special width control spreads the resonators in the stereo field.
- The Stringverb offers advanced pitch controls to facilitate the usage of ethnic, historic or experimental tunings.