|Type / Tags|
OS X.5 or later
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
MetaSynth is not a synthesizer. It is a full-fledged award-winning electronic music and sound design laboratory. Each of its six rooms, provide a unique take on music and sound sculpting. It features an uncluttered user interface that is engaging, serious, and fun to use. It invites the user to explore and think outside the box to discover new sounds and textures.
- The Effects Room provides standard and non-standard DSP effects with a unique envelope-oriented approach to parameter control.
- The Image Synth is considered by many to be the heart of MetaSynth. With infinitely customizable microtonality, the Image Synth allows you to paint sound. Color and luminance are translated to loudness and spatial orientation, which allows for the creation of everything from lush spacious sounds to caustic tweeter-burners.
- The Image Filter Room applies a similar graphic approach to creating dynamic audio filters and EQ.
- The Spectrum Synth provides spectral granular synthesis that allows you to analyze and re-sequence a source sound's harmonics.
- The Sequencer Room is a lightweight sequencing environment for creating phrases and patterns for montages and the Image Synth.
- The Montage Room is a 24-track mixing and recording room with a streamlined easy-to-use interface that ties all of MetaSynth's rooms together.
MetaSynth is a multi-faceted application that is used by composers, musicians, and sound designers alike. It is used by electronica composers, film composers, and professional sound designers looking for unique sounds not possible with other synthesis tools. It has played a prominent role in the sound design of many Academy Award-nominated (and winning) motion pictures, such as The Matrix and The Transformers: Dark of the Moon.
Videos: See it in action on our videos page.