$19 / €19
|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
Are you out of tune? Do you want to be? Either way, Pitch Shifter uses grain delay to bring the pitch where you want it to be. Or at least somewhere else from where it already is.
The Pitch Shifter will adjust the pitch of the input signal up or down:
- Pitch display - How much to adjust the pitch, in semitones.
- Jitter knob - How much randomness to add to the pitch. A high jitter setting can give a unison-like effect. This is only available when Correlate is off.
- Grain Size knob - During processing the pitch shifter chops up the audio into small snippets called grains. This setting adjusts the length of the grains, which can influence the sound.
- Mix knob - The dry/wet mix of this effect. A lower value will let some of the unmodified signal through.
- Correlate - Enables a more advanced algorithm resulting in a more clear effect for many inputs. Be careful though as it might have problems with complex pads and textures.
- Settings panel - Whenever you have your mouse cursor over a snapin theree is a small arrow at the top right corner (not visible in screenshot). It opens a settings panel where you handle presets.
- Enabled checkbox - The small checkbox to the left of the plugin name is a checkbox that bypasses the effect when disabled.
- Resize handle - The bottom right corner of all Kilohearts plugins is a resize handle for scaling the UI to any size. This allows you to get a good view of the controls whatever the screen resolution, and also comes in handy if you need big controls, e.g. when using Pitch Shifter as a real-time effect on a touchscreen monitor during a live set. (This is not available when the snapin is used inside a snapin host.).
Pitch Shifter shines on it's own, but it was primarily created to power up the different "Snapin Hosts" Kilohearts offer. These are bigger effects units that utilize all the available snapins and give you a really fun and creative workflow for combining them in any way you can think of. So have a look at Snap Heap and Multipass right now.
Pitch Shifter is also available as a Rack Extension for Reason over at the Propellerhead shop.