|Developer||vladg/sound / Tokyo Dawn Labs|
|Type / Tags|
CPU with SSE2 support required
Intel CPU required, Mac OS X 10.5 or greater
Proximity is a collaborative effort by Tokyo Dawn Labs and vladg/sound.
This plug-in is an easy to use distance "pan-pot" based on several psycho-acoustic models. The idea is to give mixing engineer a reliable tool which allows him to manipulate the "depth" of several sound sources in a straight forward and convincing manner.
Several models can be combined:
- Distance signal delay by speed of sound.
- Distance gain loss.
- Absorption of high-frequencies in air.
- Stereo width manipulation.
- Proximity effect of virtual microphone.
- Distance based early reflections.
All of them can be turned on and off to taste. Distance modulation options extend the creative possibilities even further. Units can be switched from metric (meters) to imperial (inches).
The plug-in is available in 32 and 64-bits versions for Windows and Mac OS X in VST and AU format.
Reviewed By Vospi
April 26, 2016
I can't believe this one is not rated yet.
Proximity is an extremely valuable tool for mixing, and not only music, but speech, theatre, FX and everything where you need a bit of hand-crafted realistic impact.
• carefully imitates an object getting closer or farther, including absorbing lows and highs, narrowing stereo field and so on
• perfect for fade-ins, whooshes and reversals, as it does much more than just a volume
• invaluable for mixing background music and noises, for very natural fade-outs
• you can select different algos or even turn them off one by one, tweaking the combo to fit your sound best
• easily cuts a "digital sparkle" off a nasty synth or brings the glory of your stereo bongos right upfront.
• the author is not praised around for it on every corner.
Once you get to know it and understand what exactly the effect is, this one is superuseful. Writing a music with it is fun, but it certainly shows its full value when one's mixing radio dramas or such — without this tool, the workflow could be so much more clumsy and problematic.
A top notch thing. A must have for everyone related to sound production.Read more