|Type / Tags|
What is tonespace?
- It's a different, more intuitive music keyboard, combined with a chorder.
- It supports over 50 different grids, 14 scales, 18 keys, 30+ chord types and 25 chord voicings.
- It can function as a VST or Audio Unit plugin, processing incoming MIDI events and/or generating outgoing MIDI.
- You don't need to use MIDI though: there is also a standalone executable which contains its own little synth for a fast start.
What can you do with it?
- Audition and play chords while you move the mouse around in a grid-like space, or while using a traditional keyboard.
- Learn how musical scales and keys work, and how chords relate to these, using the simple octave-based spaces.
- Discover how chords map onto surprisingly simple geometric shapes in the more advanced spaces.
- Use chord-generation algorithms to fit chords to scales and keys automatically.
- Trigger chords from monophonic MIDI input and record the played chords using MIDI output.