|Price (MSRP)||Free (Beta)|
|Type / Tags|
Trilobite 0.9.3 Free Beta Edition is a soft synth for Mac OS X and Windows which lets you use Darwinian Evolution to create new modular synthesis audio patches.
This is a freeware beta edition that anyone can download from: www.darwinarts.com
Trilobite 0.9.3 is the successor to Cambrian Suite 0.9.2, and this time the evolutionary progression has been profound. Version 0.9.3 represents a "Cambrian Explosion" insofar as it makes the immense and necessary step of combining all of Darwin Arts previous separate evolutionary audio tools into one, with many other new features besides.
Darwin Arts Cambrian Suite - 0.9.3 Release Notes
Although it has only a minor revision number, this release constitutes nearly two years of work towards an extensive overhaul of the original Cambrian Suite concept. The changes since Cambrian Suite 0.9.2 are extensive, so the following bullet points are broad revision notes intended to only give an idea of scope of change.
- Trilobite and Marella have merged into a single application which allows both live performance and detailed patch manipulation.
- Simplified and optimized internal audio routing.
- Application now available for both Microsoft Windows and Apple OS X desktop environments.
- Full-featured plugin formats OS X AU 32-bit, OS X AU 64-bit, Win32 VST.
- Reduced patch renderer parameter count from 24 to 16.
- Patch module palette replaced by popup menu options.
- Elimination of variant signal types within patches: only one signal time for all module I/O ports is now implemented.
- Added Bank Manager UI features.
- Added Preset UI features.
- Added Modular Synth Control Panel.
- Added system for contextual help buttons.
- Entirely revised Population UI.
- Entirely revised Modular Synth Panel UI.
- Added Web publishing and UI features.
- Added metadata integration and editing features.
- Added drag and drop loading features.
- Many other changes in the details.
Find out more in the full release notes available form the download page.