KVR Audio Plug-in, Host, App and News SubmissionsHow to get a product into the database and maybe a news item too.
New for 2012
You can now manage your company's products and news items at KVR Audio!
With a KVR Developer Account, companies / developers can add new products and manage their existing product listings in the KVR Product Database and submit news items for publication in the KVR News Sections.
At KVR Audio we endeavor to be as up to date as possible regarding VST, Audio Unit, RTAS (and to a lesser extent LADSPA / DSSI, LV2 and DX) plug-in Instruments, Effects and Hosts and iOS and Android Audio Apps. So, if you have a new plug-in, host or App that you want to announce, or if you've found a website with information about a plug-in or host that isn't yet featured here at KVR, or if you have a relevant news item that you think should appear in the KVR news please send all pertinent information to us we'll take a look.
Remember: We only post news regarding VST, Audio Unit, RTAS, etc. Instruments, Effects, Hosts and immediately related subjects (sound sets, sample libraries in plug-in sampler formats, special offers, etc.) and Audio Mobile Apps.
Please send the information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the image(s) attached.
NOTE 1: If you are sending details of a new plug-in or host we would appreciate it if you could include all of the requested information specified below as it makes our life a lot easier and will result in the submission being processed much faster. Of course a sensibly formatted press release is also generally acceptable.
NOTE 2: If you are informing us of an update to a product that is already in the database please only include details of what has changed in the new release, you do not need to resubmit the whole checklist again.
NOTE 3: To keep the KVR Audio Plug-in database as complete and up to date as possible you can help out by sending us information about any plug-ins or hosts that are not currently in the database (or are out of date), even if they aren't a new release or have not recently had a new update, we still want to add them to the database for completeness, although we won't post a news item obviously.
We will edit out hyperbole, superlatives, crazy marketing speak and wild claims from your submission so the more factual and realistic your submission is the more likely it will appear in an unedited form (and the quicker it is likely to appear too).
If your submission is just marketing hyperbole the news item may end up being very short (or not even posted at all)!
Sample Library developers in particular, I'm talking to YOU!
Checklist [What we need]
This is for plug-in / host news only. If you are sending us Soundware news we don't need screenshots, classifications, etc. We do want pricing, availability and sound/sample formats though, obviously.
- Developer (i.e. Company) Name (This is not normally a personal name)
- Product Name
- At least one full size, good quality, screenshot in PNG, JPG or GIF format. Additional screenshots can be included. Thumbnails are not required.
- The screenshot file-names should be in lower-case without spaces. e.g. productname.(png|jpg|gif)
- The screenshot must be cropped exactly and should not include any non product image such as the VST Instrument container that surrounds an instrument in Cubase.
- It should NOT be some artsy-fartsy 3D rendering or drop-shadowed-web-2.0-mirror-image-reflection nonsense. Or a collage.
- It should NOT be the product box (WTF?). We do NOT want to see the box. Boxes aren't interesting. No boxes. Not even 3D rendered or drop-shadowed-web-2.0-mirror-image-reflected boxes. Really. No boxes. Please. Hands up, who wants to see a box? No one? Good.
- What do we want? Good question: We want at least one full size, good quality, screenshot in PNG, JPG or GIF format.
- A description of the product to go below the image. This is usually at least a paragraph or two and some bullet points of the main features.
Classification / Tag:
- Primary Classification. [Required] (You may suggest a completely new one)
- Any other classifications. [Optional]
Any item in the database can be classified under multiple entries so that they can be returned under multiple searches (e.g. SuperCamelPhat is filed under Dynamics (Compressor / Limiter), Distortion / Overdrive / Amp and Filter and will be returned in the results of any of those searches, it's primary classification is Multi FX.
A list of all available categories can be found on the database query page (You may suggest a completely new one).
- A direct URL to the product's web page.
- A URL to the download page (if available).
- Operating System the product is available for:
- Windows (32-bit)
- Windows (64-bit / x64) (if NATIVELY supported)
- Mac OS X:
- Intel ONLY
- Universal Binary
- PPC ONLY
- Mac OS X 64-bit (if NATIVELY supported)
Please state what the product functions as (Instrument/Effect/Host) and in what formats it is available for each one (VST/VST3/DX/AU/LADSPA/DSSI/RTAS):
- Instrument (VST/VST3/DX/AU/DSSI/RTAS).
- Effect (VST/VST3/DX/AU/LADSPA/RTAS).
- Host (Instrument formats | Effect formats).
- Standalone App
- ReWire (ReWire Synth and/or ReWire Mixer)
If it can function as any combination of the above please make this clear, i.e. if it can host VST effects and it also runs as a VST instrument please clearly state this.
- Was it created with one of the "Save as...<plug-in format>" development environments listed above ? If so let us know and it will be marked as such. Why? Because some people want to know this information. It also enables them to be filtered out of the searches if people want to.
- If it can load samples what sample formats does it support (WAV/AIFF/SF2/etc.)
What type of copy protections does it use? Only the primary (most intrusive) is listed on the products page.
- CD Check (Installation/Update)
- CD Check (Random)
- Key File
- Pace iLok
- Pace InterLok
- Serial Number
- Other - Please specify
- Is it free? If not how much does it cost?
NOTE: We list the MSRP in the database. Even if it is currently available for an intro price, or some other special offer.
- The current version number.
- Is it released yet or just announced?
- Any other pertinent information.
Lastly, please check all text for spelling and grammar, full stops (periods) and commas in the correct places are very handy. Also, acronyms should be in uppercase - VST, DX, AU, MIDI, LFO, ADSR, etc.