Why do so many think if a synth is old it's no good anymore?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tricky-Loops wrote:If Synth 1 would have a Limeflavor GUI (like Oatmeal), I could try to use it (even if I don't need it anymore). But the default GUI is so ugly that I immediately feel dizzy just by looking at it...
You know you can change the colors in the options? Mine is white and red instead of vomit color ;)
Play it by ear

pheeleep wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:If Synth 1 would have a Limeflavor GUI (like Oatmeal), I could try to use it (even if I don't need it anymore). But the default GUI is so ugly that I immediately feel dizzy just by looking at it...
You know you can change the colors in the options? Mine is white and red instead of vomit color ;)
:hihi:
[Insert Signature Here]

fluffy_little_something wrote:The most artistic thing about plugins are, in some cases, the factory presets and the GUI 8)

Many people never ever get past the GUI and the factory presets :wink:
No auto tune...

Teksonik wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
Teksonik wrote: Was Vincent Van Gogh an Artist ? At the time of his death "His work was then known to only a handful of people and appreciated by fewer still."

Now his works are worth Millions....
some people will buy any old shit :hihi:
True....I'm sure Miley Cyrus will sell a ton of albums...... :lol:
Problem is she already looks too old and her albums still aren't selling.

Nightpolymath wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
Teksonik wrote: Was Vincent Van Gogh an Artist ? At the time of his death "His work was then known to only a handful of people and appreciated by fewer still."

Now his works are worth Millions....
some people will buy any old shit :hihi:
True....I'm sure Miley Cyrus will sell a ton of albums...... :lol:
Problem is she already looks too old and her albums still aren't selling.
Wait, what? If you think Miley looks to old, I don't want to know what you think doesn't look to old... 12 year olds? :wink:

Her latest album sold over half a million copies in the USA alone, that's not bad, is it? :D
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

Teksonik wrote:Hey you have every right to be wrong........ :wink:
Of course ;) I've never pretended to be the voice of the absolute truth - just saying my opinion :D That's why I think it's funny when ppl get all fired up and start picking on everything I say :lol:

@Tricky-Loops
Yup, that's exactly why I can't use it as well. Same goes to Helix Beta. The thing that irks me the most is that they're not skinnable. I can understand why pixel candy may come secondary to function for a dev, but it would be cool to be able to "dress it up" ;)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

solidtrax wrote:Her latest album sold over half a million copies in the USA alone, that's not bad, is it? :D
Well, for certain definitions of bad... yes, very much so.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

aciddose wrote:
solidtrax wrote:Her latest album sold over half a million copies in the USA alone, that's not bad, is it? :D
Well, for certain definitions of bad... yes, very much so.
It's sad that THIS album is selling so much compared to previous ones, which, IMO, are musically quite superior. And it's even more sad because THIS one is selling not because of the music, but because of all the publicity surrounding the girl and her recent attitudes. What does all of this have to do with music?
Fernando (FMR)

Well same old same old really.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.

fmr wrote:What does all of this have to do with music?
(Almost) Nothing. It's about entertainment. A lot of big names are not artists - as in creators of art - but they're outstanding entertainers, and ppl are willing to pay for that.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

idfpower wrote:
fmr wrote:What does all of this have to do with music?
(Almost) Nothing. It's about entertainment. A lot of big names are not artists - as in creators of art - but they're outstanding entertainers, and ppl are willing to pay for that.
But...but...but....we are talking about Miley Cyrus here! How can you say she is an outstanding entertainer?

What happened to Lady Gaga?! :cry:

Last edited by trimph1 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Mikey? :hihi:

I admit with the new hairstyle and weird ass stuff it's hard to tell isn't it?

aciddose wrote:Mikey? :hihi:

I admit with the new hairstyle and weird ass stuff it's hard to tell isn't it?
:lol:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

trimph1 wrote:But...but...but....we are talking about Miley Cyrus here! How can you say she is an outstanding entertainer?

What happened to Lady Gaga?! :cry:

Well as long as she can fill up a concert hall and ppl pay to see her on stage, she's a performer :) She may have transformed from Miley Cyrus to Miley Circus, but who am I to judge? :)

Joking aside, ppl need entertainment. Not all folks can really dig in deep into music and discover all the meanings and nuances and it's all right. There's a time for enjoying art, and a time for just dancing/feeling good with a simple cheerful tune as background. I don't see anything wrong in "consumer entertainment" per se.

Who's Miley Cyrus?

Return to “Instruments”