|Type / Tags|
Requires at least Windows Vista. Windows 7 or newer recommended. A Windows XP compatible alpha version is available (upon request).
The MacOS version is alpha and does not yet have a GUI.
These effect plugins were originally created for use with Xhip Synthesizer.
What are Xhip Effects?
The Xhip Effects bundle are simple, general purpose, rack-mount style effects designed to be flexible, easy to use and most importantly fun.
Many other effects plug-ins are designed with a more specialized focus or attempt to do what some might consider "too much", making them needlessly complex when used for a simple purpose like a stereo delay.
Each effect is designed to include only the most minimal parameters in a knob-strip format much like you'd expect on a rack-mount effect unit or a guitar pedal.
These effects provide every parameter via the plug-in interface for parameter automation and do not include menus, tabbed windows or other more complex UI features. Xhip Effects are intended to be used in a more plug-and-play, old-school, "analog" or "by ear" way rather than including pages of presets or hidden menus and back-panel switches.
The effects include:
- Reverb - A reverb effect designed to avoid an ultra-smooth fade-to-noise decay.
- Compressor - Insert compressor based upon a minimal electronic circuit.
- Gate - Gate effect including many additional features.
- Limiter - Counterpart to the compressor for limiting with the most simple design possible.
- Follower - Xhip synthesizer filter controlled by a HAR envelope follower.
- mDelay - Simple modulated delay effect with tone control and three modes.
- Phaser - Standard phaser effect with a variable number of stages.
- Tremolo - Standard tremolo effect with the bonus of a continuously variable LFO shape.
- Clipper - Generic hard clipper effect which includes oversampling.
- Multiplier - Unique type of non-linear "fold-back" distortion effect.
- Quantizer - Time (sample and hold) and amplitude (bit reduction) axis quantization.
- RC Filter - The most basic analog filter circuit configurable as low-pass or high-pass.
- Rectifier - A simple diode-like effect capable of half or full rectification.
- Ringmod - This is a simple ring-mod effect with a timbre control.
- Vocal - A simple vowel/phoneme synthesizing filter.
Rather than a manual, detailed documentation is maintained for each effect which is accessible from the Xhip Effects download page.
Xhip has an account at soundcloud with some example audio clips available.https://soundcloud.com/xhip/vocor2
The Xhip account on soundcloud includes demos of the effects as well as the tracks included there use almost exclusively Xhip Effects.