Camel Audio ceasing sales? [Update: CA acquired by Apple]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Numanoid wrote:What is really scary is, no X vs Y threads? :scared:

Where are the X vs Alchemy or Alchemy vs Y thread ?

Should I get Spire instead of Alchemy, or maybe Sylenth ? :?
Now Y would we do that?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Spectrasonics finally announcing Omnisphere 2 with the new Alchemy 2 engine import?
It would definitely get me to buy Omni, since I've always found it lacking in that department.

Somehow, I thought the countries using the Pound were exempt from many of the decisions made by those using the Euro though... And with all the terrorist activity going on over there, my speculations have run the gambit to darker, more dire concerns also. Hoping they're all alive, well, and headed for a new adventure in whatever they do.

Not ashamed to say I have everything by Camel and all is backed up. Although I will go back and download the Mac versions now, (just in case).

Alchemy remains an invaluable tool for me, regardless.

BBFG# wrote:Somehow, I thought the countries using the Pound were exempt from many of the decisions made by those using the Euro though... And with all the terrorist activity going on over there...
Did France adopt the Pound Sterling? Wow, I really missed something. :D

Bad Joke! Have Alchemy Complete.. ..now: How it works if i want to transfer my licenses ?
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Sad news...

Some content seems to be available on the web site, for example Alchemy manual: http://www.camelaudio.com/alchemymanual
and the video tutorials of Alchemy: http://www.camelaudio.com/tutorials.php?tID=14

(if needed, they can be downloaded as well e.g. http://www4.camelaudio.com/video/Tutori ... ion_HD.f4v)

This is the latest news on their site, October 2014: http://www.camelaudio.com/news.php?nID=256
Maybe nID=257 is where they announce what will happen next :)

valerian_777 wrote:Bad Joke! Have Alchemy Komplete.. ..now: How it works if i want to transfer my licenses ?
That's fast! :D

Well, it seems Alchemy will be destined to become one of the most precious "vintage" virtual synthesizers. I'm really happy I got on board so early.. and I don't plan on stopping to use it. It's still one of my main synths.. one of the first ones I pick when working on most of my projects.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

T-CM11 wrote:
valerian_777 wrote:Bad Joke! Have Alchemy Komplete.. ..now: How it works if i want to transfer my licenses ?
That's fast! :D
I do not understand what you trying to say or/and why you changed my original text Complete to Komplete???
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

BBFG# wrote:Spectrasonics finally announcing Omnisphere 2 with the new Alchemy 2 engine import?
It would definitely get me to buy Omni, since I've always found it lacking in that department.
WTF? #1

BBFG# wrote: Somehow, I thought the countries using the Pound were exempt from many of the decisions made by those using the Euro though... And with all the terrorist activity going on over there, my speculations have run the gambit to darker, more dire concerns also. Hoping they're all alive, well, and headed for a new adventure in whatever they do.
WTF? #2

How does your mind work?

Secondly, the U.K. is in the European Union, and is therefore forced to go along with the stupid 'EU VAT' laws. It doesn't matter whether any country uses the Euro, it's the unelected European Union that decides our fate...

thx to all those crackers who made this possible..

basslinemaster wrote:
BBFG# wrote:Spectrasonics finally announcing Omnisphere 2 with the new Alchemy 2 engine import?
WTF? #1

BBFG# wrote: Somehow, I thought the countries using the Pound were exempt from many of the decisions made by those using the Euro though... And with all the terrorist activity going on over there, my speculations have run the gambit to darker, more dire concerns also. Hoping they're all alive, well, and headed for a new adventure in whatever they do.
WTF? #2

How does your mind work?

This is only page 39, wait until we reach 99. You will run out of WTFs.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

mckenic wrote:Wow, this is very shocking and sad news.
What a horrible start to the year... I dont use much software these days but in the last 8 - 9 days have found out Hollow Sun, Prodyon and now CA are just... gone!
I sincerely hope that Hollow Sun and Prodyon come back, the problems with the new EU VAT law are not insurmountable.

On a day that is short of facts and long on speculation one fact has become crystal clear. Camel Audio is one of the most respected developers and has a loyal fanbase. There are some companies I won't name that would be pitchforked and torched to death by now for making this announcement and there are developers who could drop off the face of the planet and hardly generate a few pages of comments. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Suloo wrote:thx to all those crackers who made this possible..
thx for jumping to conclusions with no evidence.

The fact that they didn't have some sort of going out of business sale leads me to believe the problem is related to the cost of doing business. The only thing I know of that changed is the VAT rules .. so I'd have to place the blame there. I really doubt it has anything to do with crackers/pirating.

Return to “Instruments”