Softube Modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Multiphonics CV-2 Reaktor Softube Modular

I thought the recent update included a couple of modules as well...
Went to check and there has been 3 new free modules added since release;

"Minor bug fixes and usability improvements, for example the ability to open the Module Selector by double-clicking an empty rack or the background of a module.
In September 2016, two new free modules were added, Dual X-Fade and Dual Pan.
In November 2016, the free ROLI Seaboard RISE module was released, allowing users to control Modular with RISE's five dimensions of touch—Strike, Press, Glide, Slide and Lift."

Plus, adding drag and drop of modules happened too.

And how long did the first modules take to make nobody here knows many of them are just for routing signals so wouldn't take that long to make the one just released would of taken ages the VCOs and filters would take ages due to them being circuit modelled and perfected. I'm really happy with modular I'm not surprised they are not releasing 4000 modules within 4 years. Other plugin makers that try to perfect the analogue simulation release 1 - 2 plugins per year.

Thanks Softube for making Modular I also really like Heartbeat which is a bonus to use it as modules in modular.

Really need a manual just for modular in the current manual the new module is near the top while the rest are miles away.

tell em to remove their copy protection and switch to a key, then i would buy it.
~Pyrotek45

The modular software does not work with Motu Microbooks here, cuts all audio down to silence on OSX and several hosts. You need to restart the computer to get audio working again.
What a wast of money!!!!!!!

jowen wrote:The modular software does not work with Motu Microbooks here, cuts all audio down to silence on OSX and several hosts. You need to restart the computer to get audio working again.
What a wast of money!!!!!!!
I think that's more indicative of Motu's shitty drivers. Works fine with RME.

Fernando Carvalho wrote:I don´t think that development is being so slow. They can take their time in my opinion, I am still just scratching the surface with Modular. I would like to see a patch browser and some cpu optimization, if possible, before anything else. I´m pretty confident that modular is just beginning its journey.
+1

the new module is really good ! really different than the other already available !
it remind me the type of filter on 303 emulation

hivkorn wrote:the new module is really good ! really different than the other already available !
surprising, that as its quite a different filter type, 18db/Oct diode filter versus 12db/oct Vactrol. might be that 'spongy' vactrol response.

There is an actual Doepfer 303 filter clone, btw, if you're lucky they might add it by 2032. :lol:

http://www.doepfer.de/a103.htm
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
hivkorn wrote:the new module is really good ! really different than the other already available !
surprising, that as its quite a different filter type, 18db/Oct diode filter versus 12db/oct Vactrol. might be that 'spongy' vactrol response.

There is an actual Doepfer 303 filter clone, btw, if you're lucky they might add it by 2032. :lol:

http://www.doepfer.de/a103.htm
remind me the filter of Phoscyon ;) that's what I was thinking / try to say
My reference of filter are FF simplon / Micro and the one in modular ;) I don't really mind if it is a XX emulation , this is all about love or not...But the best fitler of modular is still the Intellijel.

Without MacBook trackpad (2 finger) scroll support I'm just never gonna get right into this synth, it's just too taxing with the constant deep clicks. Put a friggon scroll bar on it and leave the track pad soft scroll to adjust the controls! Sucks ass without this support. There's too much clicking required as it is, with all the patching involved, unless one has an iPad and a screen extending app, which I don't unfortunately.

sqigls wrote:Without MacBook trackpad (2 finger) scroll support I'm just never gonna get right into this synth, it's just too taxing with the constant deep clicks. Put a friggon scroll bar on it and leave the track pad soft scroll to adjust the controls! Sucks ass without this support. There's too much clicking required as it is, with all the patching involved, unless one has an iPad and a screen extending app, which I don't unfortunately.
it work very well with a classic apple mouse

i couldn't choose, so you can have both...
VXyQHfn0.jpg
a9cf0ec1d0e1170385549b78cb15d544.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

this one ?

as you wish
the-princess-bride14.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sqigls wrote:as you wish
the-princess-bride14.jpg
:tu: :lol:

Return to “Instruments”