Softube Modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Multiphonics CV-2 Reaktor Softube Modular

It's neither, just the fact that VST2 and VST3 presets use different formats, I've tried using a host like Reaper or S1 that can load both formats before as a go-between but it won't work because they are too different. Softube should incorporate their own bank loader, even if they stick with FXB as their only format, and also if they really insist on sticking with using different formats for different types of plugins (which is dumb, but then so was releasing this without considering the need to properly support presents of any kind) then at least provide a means of translating them.

aMUSEd wrote:It's neither, just the fact that VST2 and VST3 presets use different formats, I've tried using a host like Reaper or S1 that can load both formats before as a go-between but it won't work because they are too different. Softube should incorporate their own bank loader, even if they stick with FXB as their only format, and also if they really insist on sticking with using different formats for different types of plugins (which is dumb, but then so was releasing this without considering the need to properly support presents of any kind) then at least provide a means of translating them.
Translation: They f**ked up.

Demoing the 4ms module and just want to check that I am not afflicted by some obvious pratfall.

There is no way to pass anything close to clean audio through the module. Correct?

Using the tutorial examples for remixing audio makes it sound like you can use this as a straightforward EQ, but this does not seem even remotely possible because whatever settings you choose the audio coming out of the other end sounds like it has been passed through a really crappy low pass filter.

Choosing the EQ bank and pushing everything maximally to the right with the scale select and the rotate button still gives nothing with any energy above 6khz and nothing whatsoever above 10khz.

Is this expected behaviour or am I doing something wrong?

Edit: 4ms SMR on an Adaptiverb drone, settings as above:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi everyone, I am a user with Modular and Heartbeat, I wanted to comment on it and see if they can help me or have passed it on to you, when I bought it was version 2.3.75 and everything went well with my DAW but when updating the version 2.4.17 via Gobbler already let me run I made so many installations that I can not get it to work with the version 2.4.17, I was investigating that the VST when this version 2.3.5 the Modular.vst occupies 75.2 Mega byte and the Heartbeat 90.7 Mega byte is when all goes well with my DAW but when updating version 2.4.17 via Gobbler already occupies less for example Heartbeat 13.8 Mega byte and Modular 23 Mega byte ...
I'm working on a Macbook Pro 15 "Retina 2014 with macOs El Capitan 11.1 with a DAW Ableton Live 9.7.2, thanks and regards.

^ If you log in to your Softube account first and then go to:

https://www.softube.com/index.php?id=mydownloads

you can avoid the whole Gobbler nonsense and get the downloads directly. Then you can at least see what size they should be.

PS Congrats on your first post 13 years after registering :tu: ;-)

lnikj wrote:^ If you log in to your Softube account first and then go to:

https://www.softube.com/index.php?id=mydownloads

you can avoid the whole Gobbler nonsense and get the downloads directly. Then you can at least see what size they should be.
Thanks for your link, I was able to download and do the installation manually but I still have the same problem :? :?

lnikj wrote:^ PS Congrats on your first post 13 years after registering :tu: ;-)
Today was my first message hehehe :hihi: :hihi:

You said you were on 10.11.1 - it is now 10.11.6 - might make a difference.

Otherwise I'd clear it all out, including stuff in your library folders, and reinstall from scratch.

lnikj wrote:You said you were on 10.11.1 - it is now 10.11.6 - might make a difference.

Otherwise I'd clear it all out, including stuff in your library folders, and reinstall from scratch.
I am going to try :tu:

controla wrote:
lnikj wrote:You said you were on 10.11.1 - it is now 10.11.6 - might make a difference.

I am going to try :tu:
No luck :( , install El Capitan 10.11.1 to 10.11.6 and uninstall Modular, Heartbeat and then I installed softube 2.3.76 and then manually update version 2.4.17 I still have the problem ... :?

Why did you install 2.3.76 first? Why not do a fresh install of the latest versions from the 'my downloads' page after you have cleaned all the old files out? You might have just replicated the problem as there may be some files hanging over from 2.3.76 that are causing a problem?

I have no idea though! I am not an expert! Best to ask Softube technical support.

lnikj wrote:Why did you install 2.3.76 first? Why not do a fresh install of the latest versions from the 'my downloads' page after you have cleaned all the old files out? You might have just replicated the problem as there may be some files hanging over from 2.3.76 that are causing a problem?
I also did this process ... :?
lnikj wrote:I have no idea though! I am not an expert! Best to ask Softube technical support.
Thank you for your help :tu: , I am in them but I have not responded to my request for 5 days :help: ...

I was not able to install any of the latest releases from Softube with the manual downloads. I'm gonna look back into it though since gobbler is retarded.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

controla wrote:Hi everyone, I am a user with Modular and Heartbeat, I wanted to comment on it and see if they can help me or have passed it on to you, when I bought it was version 2.3.76 and everything went well with my DAW but when updating the version 2.4.17 via Gobbler already let me run I made so many installations that I can not get it to work with the version 2.4.17, I was investigating that the VST when this version 2.3.5 the Modular.vst occupies 75.2 Mega byte and the Heartbeat 90.7 Mega byte is when all goes well with my DAW but when updating version 2.4.17 via Gobbler already occupies less for example Heartbeat 13.8 Mega byte and Modular 23 Mega byte ...
I'm working on a Macbook Pro 15 "Retina 2014 with macOs El Capitan 11.1 with a DAW Ableton Live 9.7.2, thanks and regards.
Hi everyone, I was able to solve my problem but by doing an experiment, install version 2.3.76 and then manually update in my other old Macbook Pro, without licensing and once installed to get the VST of my old Macbook Pro and replace Macbook Pro (retina) that's where I have my DAW ...

I think I have a problem of "Permission" of my macOs El Capitan will have to find out why it happens to me....

Hi everyone

Looking for a bit of advice re the exponential DVCA and it's noise floor - which in my mixer is audible, at a little louder than -72dB using an envelope controlling cv and gain fully down ... i don't really want to use a noise gate as they never seem to be as clean as I like.

Firstly - is this normal behaviour, and secondly, is there a simple work around keeping exponential behaviour not involving automation?

I suspect will not be the first to have this question, but at 89 pages I'd appreciate the TL;DR.

Vesius wrote:Hi everyone

Looking for a bit of advice re the exponential DVCA and it's noise floor - which in my mixer is audible, at a little louder than -72dB using an envelope controlling cv and gain fully down ... i don't really want to use a noise gate as they never seem to be as clean as I like.

Firstly - is this normal behaviour, and secondly, is there a simple work around keeping exponential behaviour not involving automation?

I suspect will not be the first to have this question, but at 89 pages I'd appreciate the TL;DR.
Wow, that is really odd. I don't have this problem and can't duplicate it.

My guess would be that there is a system/DAW specific bug that even though the gain "appears" to be all the way down, it's actually not within the software itself.

What OS and what DAW?

Return to “Instruments”