Shreddage 2: Absolute Electric Guitar - Available now w/ Kontakt Player! Upgrade for $99/Intro $119!

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Unfortunately, Shreddage2 was created in Kontakt 5 and is not compatible with earlier versions of Kontakt or Kontakt Player.

chris tt wrote:Kontakt Player 5 works on XP (I've got a couple of libraries running on it with no problem).
That must be 64bit XP, because my 32bit XP says "Windows 7 is the minimum requirement. Installation cannot continue" during my KP5 installation attempts.

So now I'm stuck with a useless Shreddage 2! At least the bass sounds good (but such sloppy notes and a poorly set-up bass - buzzy as hell) - but still good for some styles.

And thank you, J-Rokujuushi for the heads-up on my situation. :(

On the other hand - this may be the writing on the wall about the true death of XP! Seems kind of odd buying a whole new system, when my current system works beautifully, just to run Shreddage 2. But, those sweet guitar tones are worth it, right!?

Or well...

There is a solution, actually, sent to us by a customer using XP.
This is the software from Microsoft that is used for debugging and other things:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=20028

Install this program and add the installers like they explain in the following pages on KVR.
It works perfectly!

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=120

and

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 01#5597201
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Thank you Zircon, for the interesting work-around using KP5 on XP OS. I ended up buying a new computer with modern OS, and all is good.

I must say that after exploring Shreddage II for a few weeks I am totally impressed! I can get the most impressive grindy guitar sounds (powerchords and single notes too) using the included ReValver plugin! The sounds are easy to use and really sound great! And I'm a bit surprised how useful and fine the clean guitar sounds are too (throw on a little chorus and it's heavenly)! Really, a full range of guitar sounds at your fingertips! One of those purchases that give you such a satisfying thrill!

But as happy as I am with the range and diversity of Shreddage II, I must mention again how disappointed I am with the Shreddage Picked Bass sounds! The sloppy fret-buzzing samples in this bass set really make it usable ONLY for some metal/punk/alternative music.

If this otherwise well-toned bass sample set is ever updated, and I sure hope it is someday, I would hope the mid-range of velocities could be of a clean bass with no fret-buzz, and the louder velocities could then introduce more buzz and slop - much like playing a real bass. Only then can Shreddage Picked Bass be effectively used in virtually ALL musical styles!

But really LOVING the Shreddage II guitar wonderland!

Hi,

I've just got a new laptop and I'm trying to register Shreddage II { I have full Kontakt 5 }. It was previously registered on my old {dead } laptop.

,ve unpacked the files to a folder using the correct procedure.
All I get when I try to add the library is "no library found."
If I try and load, via files in Kontakt, it just tells me I need to register it.

Stuck in a catch 22 here.

Anyone help :pray:

Is it possible you don't have all the files? They should be 2.85gb total. (Also, send an email - support@impactsoundworks.com) Incomplete files could cause 'add library' to not detect it.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Thanks for the reply zircon.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time until Sunday/Monday to investigate further on this. I'll revert to email to update you on my findings.

Thanks again.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”