What is the weirdest music you know of?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

trimph1 wrote:Someone mentioned Tuvan Throat Singing...there is a variation of that I came across awhile back...heavy metal/throat singing...
Pffft... I raise you Joy Division with throat singing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F548r32G ... re=related

(worth turning the bass up)

Last edited by topaz on Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just highlight the title code on the top of the page and copy it..then paste on the posting reply box...
Last edited by trimph1 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

sorted cheers
trimph1 wrote:
Just highlight the title code on the top of the page and copy it..then paste on the posting reply box...

Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Didn't realise the Vuvuzela was capable of notes. I may have to re-evaluate :?

oh, yes. it's capable of many distinct timbres and notes. many more than those demonstrated in the image.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Chuck E. Jesus wrote:
Reverse Engineer wrote:
Bonteburg wrote:http://www.discogs.com/Various-Storage- ... ase/938974

This 1999 release has some of the weirdest, most wonderful tracks I've ever listened to. Highly recommended!
that compilation is absolutely amazing. a lot of interesting production techniques too.
if there's any links to yootoob examples, point 'em my way please, sounds right up my alley (coming up short so far)...
i can't find anything on youtube, or elsewhere either. but if you visit here http://www.stora.de/main.php and click radio (it's actually just a player, with track skip etc,) there's plenty of examples (albeit a bit less 'avant garde') to give you the gist of what's on the storage kompilation.

:)
Last edited by smcginty27 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anything with Supersaws on it!
I still fail to see why that sound is a good idea and an asset to the quality of music :hihi:

Still trying to figure out whether "weird" is meant to be good or bad... :shrug:

If the latter, I'm with K-Bee's supersaw comment (and I'll add 4-on-the-floor), if the former I'd suggest Henry Cow and the likes. HC's "Western Culture" for instance is some of the most beautiful weird stuff I've ever listened to.

EDIT: Oh, and there's of course this gem.
The hole is deeper than the hum of its farts

Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”