Ohm Force plug-ins going 64bit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

faun2500 wrote:I won't be paying more money for an upgrade. Any one want to buy OHMBOYZ delay PM me.
Meaning?

Muuseec wrote:
faun2500 wrote:I won't be paying more money for an upgrade. Any one want to buy OHMBOYZ delay PM me.
Meaning?
I thought that would be obvious.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Wow.
Kiddie tantrum anyone?
It's not like €20 is going to kill you, but I guess your weekly allowance wasn't sufficient for both that AND candy.
Last edited by Muuseec on Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

I said what I had to say, but it's worth repeating. Hardly anyone "charges" for the x64 update. What do you need, a list? Too busy laughing to make one.

Yes, in the UB days some people (and successfully so I might add) charged, but other than URS (that's not the guy from u-he in case anyone thinks so...HE didn't charge ;) ) and sonalksis are the only two I've run into that "charged" in all the x64 updates I've had.

All the bull about it is a bore. Yeah, ohmies can charge.....it's their right. They have to eat and all, but to say it's the norm is ignorance.

And Sonnox and Waves and Brainworx.

hibidy wrote:All the bull about it is a bore. Yeah, ohmies can charge.....it's their right. They have to eat and all, but to say it's the norm is ignorance.
I don't think anyone said it wasn't the norm. In fact, I said that devs usually only have multi-format licensing and they offer free upgrades with them, just as Ohm Force is doing. Usually, I'm with you hibidy, but you might want to read a bit more (carefully) before throwing an "ignorance" tag around.

The argument is whether the Win64 VST should be covered by a single VST licenses, rather than separate Win32 and Win64 formats. This is largely irrelevent as Ohm Force clearly state what they define as different formats.

For my part, I've tried to show that they are different formats. I suppose that the MAC formats including both may look a bit inconsistent to the non-coder. However, MAC hardware has a standard, whereas Windows can have a variety of different CPU's. There is difference between AMD and Intel 64-bit support/implementation and the 32-bit/64-bit code will, most likely, be sufficiently different to justify the separation.
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

Again, as someone who started on the x64 game quite some time ago, I can only go by my experience.

Sorry if someone doesn't understand that. I know, it's a no-win situation, but too many have expressed the discomfort in this (not just one overly picked on person)

Muuseec wrote:Wow.
Kiddie tantrum anyone?
It's not like €20 is going to kill you, but I guess your weekly allowance wasn't sufficient for both that AND candy.
Well, I've not been convinced by any of these arguments.

In my case, they're asking 40 EURO to upgrade two Plugins to 64bit. That's a lot of money for very little, in my book.

I could write a begging letter to the Old Boyz at Ohm Force but I think I'll just pass on this amazing offer. It's not for me.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

LeVzi wrote:
Muuseec wrote:
Meaning?
I thought that would be obvious.
Some people just don't get it do they. Not even when it is so obvious! lol

Oh well, you always get people like that on these forums don't you.
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

Of course I get it, I just wanted to expose the blatant childishness of the statement. Somewhat like "If I don't get an icecream I will scream and scream until I get one! Everone else gets one!".

Over and out.

Muuseec wrote:Of course I get it, I just wanted to expose the blatant childishness of the statement. Somewhat like "If I don't get an icecream I will scream and scream until I get one! Everone else gets one!".

Over and out.
But then the blatant need to come in and point out your version of it actually makes me laugh. Fanboyism at it's best, gotta laugh at the blinkered view of the few. Keyword there being "few" jethro ;)

Oh , by the way, it's just you ;)

LeVzi wrote:
Muuseec wrote:Of course I get it, I just wanted to expose the blatant childishness of the statement. Somewhat like "If I don't get an icecream I will scream and scream until I get one! Everone else gets one!".

Over and out.
But then the blatant need to come in and point out your version of it actually makes me laugh. Fanboyism at it's best, gotta laugh at the blinkered view of the few. Keyword there being "few" jethro ;)

So. One ends up being a 'fanboi'. Simply because he does not see what the fuss is all about.

Conversely then, this would make you a 'basher'

In the war between the fabois vs the bashers..you mind leaving a little bit of space for those who like what they see but think some kind of a change might be an idea? :roll:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Aloysius wrote:In my case, they're asking 40 EURO to upgrade two Plugins to 64bit. That's a lot of money for very little, in my book.
actually since a x64 version on windows takes zero effort, and on mac apple has been making recommendations about x64 support for many years before forcing anyone to follow the rules...

they're just asking you to pay for their mistakes.

tells me something about the quality of the software, it's authors and the company.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

There are loads of other effects that can be used that do not charge for upgrades/updates that are just as effective...just use those then.

Simples.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

trimph1 wrote:
LeVzi wrote:

Over and out.

So. One ends up being a 'fanboi'. Simply because he does not see what the fuss is all about.

Conversely then, this would make you a 'basher'

In the war between the fabois vs the bashers..you mind leaving a little bit of space for those who like what they see but think some kind of a change might be an idea? :roll:
There's no I in boy ! That's just crazy talk.

Everyone is allowed to chip in, whole point of the thread / forum isn't it ? Plenty of room for everyone. No one is trying to squeeze you out of anything, don't feel so singled out ;)

Return to “Effects”