What Vst(i) do you find the best for trance ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ahhh you gotta love these kvr trance vst threads.
quality every time.

but seriously though, a lot of people keep mentioning synths like firebird and vangaurd over and over again.
well personally I think they both sound very average, and keep getting mentioned because they are the easiest to get basic, cliched, overused, awful trance sounds out of. (in other words, you only have to flick thru the presets)

now I know that is probably what the op wanted, but I can't help but try and appeal to reason.

I write psytrance. In fact I love writing it. I know most of you on this forum hate it, but I felt the need to jump up in this thread and say boo!

I like the options it gives me.. in terms of timbre, melody and harmony I feel i have a lot of room to move in this genre. most of you I'm sure have pigeon-holed this genre years ago, and don't consider it fertile ground for interesting music, but thats ok with me :)

but anyway, I'm getting off track here, what I would like is some of the hordes of people flocking to write trance to understand this:

MOST CLICHED TRANCE SOUNDS ARE SO SIMPLE TO MAKE WITH ANY VA SYNTH THAT IF YOU CANT PLEASE GIVE UP NOW

and If you could use a half decent synth while you were at it, instead of some cheap crap maybe it wouldn't all sound like utter bollocks :shock:

sorry i'm not usually so blunt, but i dropped my backup hdd a few hours ago and have lost years worth of work, so I think I'm entitled to at least one rant

EDIT : I just realised I didn't contribute at all hehe... so what vsti is best for trance ? I think, Zebra2 and sylenth1 are the best in software land :D
Hypnagog (Experimental Electronica) |
Terrafractyl (Psytrance) |Kinematic Records (Label)

Wusikstation?
Now with improved MIDI jitter!

Hey, at least unlike some of the other so-called "pro's", he's not binding himself to the likes of Der Virus(tm). (though truth be told, a lot of the studio guys would say, software sucks and tell you to stick to expensive hardware such as that.)

In other words, you've got more than enough options for synths capable of obtaining the sound you want. You just gotta know how to use 'em. (Mind you, other than presets made by say, Vengeance, many of these guys have an extent of knowledge on sound programming and therefore synthesis sound design, to create their own sounds.)

^^ hahaha

no Bamoida, what i was trying to say, was that it is because these synths are aimed at this target market and have the presets to match, that they are lauded and used ad infinitum by the trance community.
Which also has a lot to do with the fact that a lot of the people out there trying to write trance have just downloaded their first sequencer and vsti's and are trying to work out what a saw wave is...

A synth does not need to be trance orientated to make trance sounds.

give me 1 oscilator, 1 filter and 1 lfo and I'll make you some nice trance sounds in any synth.

(sorry, as i mentioned before I'm not in a great mood)
Hypnagog (Experimental Electronica) |
Terrafractyl (Psytrance) |Kinematic Records (Label)

Terrafractyl wrote:^^ hahaha

no Bamoida, what i was trying to say, was that it is because these synths are aimed at this target market and have the presets to match, that they are lauded and used ad infinitum by the trance community.
Which also has a lot to do with the fact that a lot of the people out there trying to write trance have just downloaded their first sequencer and vsti's and are trying to work out what a saw wave is...

A synth does not need to be trance orientated to make trance sounds.

give me 1 oscilator, 1 filter and 1 lfo and I'll make you some nice trance sounds in any synth.

(sorry, as i mentioned before I'm not in a great mood)
you are rigth, mate!

BTW its interesting to see how much more intelligent you and other psy fan/artist than the mainstream trance shit boys.

bahaha, psy forever, cheers
not 'ere nowadays :(

interviews with cool people

Terrafractyl wrote:ahhh you gotta love these kvr trance vst threads.
quality every time.

but seriously though, a lot of people keep mentioning synths like firebird and vangaurd over and over again.
well personally I think they both sound very average, and keep getting mentioned because they are the easiest to get basic, cliched, overused, awful trance sounds out of. (in other words, you only have to flick thru the presets)

now I know that is probably what the op wanted, but I can't help but try and appeal to reason.

I write psytrance. In fact I love writing it. I know most of you on this forum hate it, but I felt the need to jump up in this thread and say boo!

I like the options it gives me.. in terms of timbre, melody and harmony I feel i have a lot of room to move in this genre. most of you I'm sure have pigeon-holed this genre years ago, and don't consider it fertile ground for interesting music, but thats ok with me :)

but anyway, I'm getting off track here, what I would like is some of the hordes of people flocking to write trance to understand this:

MOST CLICHED TRANCE SOUNDS ARE SO SIMPLE TO MAKE WITH ANY VA SYNTH THAT IF YOU CANT PLEASE GIVE UP NOW

and If you could use a half decent synth while you were at it, instead of some cheap crap maybe it wouldn't all sound like utter bollocks :shock:

sorry i'm not usually so blunt, but i dropped my backup hdd a few hours ago and have lost years worth of work, so I think I'm entitled to at least one rant

EDIT : I just realised I didn't contribute at all hehe... so what vsti is best for trance ? I think, Zebra2 and sylenth1 are the best in software land :D
This is why I love listening and writing psytrance as well. The whole point of psytrance is to create sounds that break your head, yet are still able to work compositionally and rhythmically. Lately the genre has been suffering from a lot of formula abusing with galloping SH-101 sampled basslines and Virus sample stabs. But, the spirit of psytrance is sitting down with one or two synths and taking it places never conceived before and folks are forgetting this.

I sometimes listen to "regular" trance and interestingly that genre seems to be bending more towards psytrance and getting a little more risky. I think people are starting to break out of their stacked super saw shells.

Ahem, irresistible opportunity to punt one of my free synths here .... Try 'Widewave' .... it wont write the track for you, but its easy to read, and get rich sounds from.... good for bass as well.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=4db2 ... b498875546

You'll find it in the vst synths folder.

Terrafractyl wrote:MOST CLICHED TRANCE SOUNDS ARE SO SIMPLE TO MAKE WITH ANY VA SYNTH THAT IF YOU CANT PLEASE GIVE UP NOW
That about sums it all up right there. Everyone can go home now. :hihi:

Why being on the djlist would make you a better musician?
If you are on the djlist you are a DJ.. not a musician.
:roll:
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

mkdr wrote:Why being on the djlist would make you a better musician?
If you are on the djlist you are a DJ.. not a musician.
:roll:
+1

Even though there have been magazines notorious of implicating that if you can't "DJ" (ie: run a turntable) you're not a musician, which is absolute bollocks.

tattiemannie wrote:Ahem, irresistible opportunity to punt one of my free synths here .... Try 'Widewave' .... it wont write the track for you, but its easy to read, and get rich sounds from.... good for bass as well.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=4db2 ... b498875546

You'll find it in the vst synths folder.

Excellent synth you developed. I am picky about what stays in my folder and this is a keeper :D

What's this? Secret VSTs??? :shock:

Thanks a lot Thunderdrums :)

Yeah, I like that one a lot, I've been ussing it recently followed up with 'Chorister' as an effect .... really takes the piss in terms of 'phatness and phoolness' ..!

Has One Ping Only been mentioned? :D
Truly mind-boggling music! - New album out! - And a blog!

Return to “Instruments”