BR - Pops with split audio part

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone else getting this? If I split an audio part, I get pops when the play cursor crosses the split. This is without moving either of the parts, of course.

One other thing is that it's dependent on the material -- if the audio part has no amplitude at that point, you won't hear the pop.

Q6600, 4gb RAM, XP64 SP3, MOTU Ultralite

Did you zoom in on the audio part before splitting to be sure you're not splitting in the middle of a peak? This can cause a pop as it's cutting off during a peak. Is it possible to put a bit of a fade in/out at this area? This may reduce the pop.

That might well be what's happening, and little fades would help, but the audio should really play straight through if neither of the parts are moved, I think.

masstronaut wrote:That might well be what's happening, and little fades would help, but the audio should really play straight through if neither of the parts are moved, I think.
U can understand that, but then the fades would have be done automatically which would "soften" a lot of attacks. If I'm understand the problem right, it's because as far as the system is concerned it's two different sounds. If you take the second sound by itself does it also pop? If so, thats why. If not, then it might be a bug.

xybre wrote:
masstronaut wrote:That might well be what's happening, and little fades would help, but the audio should really play straight through if neither of the parts are moved, I think.
U can understand that, but then the fades would have be done automatically which would "soften" a lot of attacks. If I'm understand the problem right, it's because as far as the system is concerned it's two different sounds. If you take the second sound by itself does it also pop? If so, thats why. If not, then it might be a bug.
Masstronaut's got it. If the parts haven't been moved there should be no difference whether the system considers them two separate parts or not.

yes, old bug, irritating one doh.

you cant reli chop a breakcause even without mopving it will pop and click like hell.

sad to see even these basic stuff poorly implemented :(.
not 'ere nowadays :(

interviews with cool people

Rottweiler: yup. That's bad enough, in itself- now try it on a delay with distortion in the feedback path... Even worse.

Maybe an option to have automatic micro-fades on clips would be one possible quick solution to this?

no, this shouldnt be fixed using hacks (small fades) - the slice should behave itself without clicking/popping if nothing is moved...

Return to “energyXT”