User Demo: trVth 20008

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey all,

A little bird reminded me of a demo I posted last year, immediately after purchasing Core Cherry Fingered, so I'm re-posting here, as it highlights the strength of Greg's bass library.

If I recall correctly, this is the bass straight-up, as it sounds, with no processing whatsoever.

trVth_2008-CherryBassTest.mp3

bduffy,
Wow, that sounds great!! Really shows how realistic the bass sounds :)) Also, maybe we could share our midi tracks?? This is my weakness I must admit.. I have just layed a track down and it sounds bad compared to yours. I mean it works and will be okay, but I feel I am lacking with the articulations.. Again great tune!! You are very talented.........

rolley wrote:bduffy,
Wow, that sounds great!! Really shows how realistic the bass sounds :)) Also, maybe we could share our midi tracks?? This is my weakness I must admit.. I have just layed a track down and it sounds bad compared to yours. I mean it works and will be okay, but I feel I am lacking with the articulations.. Again great tune!! You are very talented.........
Thanks so much rolley! That means so much to me! Thanks! :D :party:

Yeah, I'd love to share some MIDI tricks. To tell you the truth, though, Core Cherry is doing all the work in that track; Greg's articulation engine really helps with things like hammer-ons and pull-offs. And the bass in that track was programmed by hand, and is in fact heavily quantized. But I tried to keep my eye on making it sound like that magic session bass player in my head...funny, though: to me, I still hear a lot of room for improvement. But we are our worst critics, eh?

A trick I do often is move the bassline back or ahead a few ticks in Cubase, because often the bass player is following the drummer, and it also gives the kick drum some room to breath. Adding some randomization can help too, although you got to watch for cut off notes, especially with Core Cherry's scripts.

Anyway, glad you liked it. I'm going to upload some more stuff using Greg's bass, and I'd like to update this song with the full vocal sometime. :D

bduffy wrote:Hey all,

A little bird reminded me of a demo I posted last year, immediately after purchasing Core Cherry Fingered, so I'm re-posting here, as it highlights the strength of Greg's bass library.

If I recall correctly, this is the bass straight-up, as it sounds, with no processing whatsoever.

trVth_2008-CherryBassTest.mp3
Hey, I just listened to this and I have to say that it's really nice. I mean, the bass sounds great, I really like the groove...everything about it sounds good to me. I take it that is real (acoustic) guitar in the mix? If not, please tell me what it is.

Kudos bduffy.

- eDrummist
Last edited by eDrummist on Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks a lot, eDrummist! Really appreciate it. (This reminds me: I need to get my band's website back online...)

God, yes: those are real acoustic guitars! Just heavily EQ'd, probably. If I ever got sampled acoustics to be that believable, I'd be concerned...

bduffy wrote:God, yes: those are real acoustic guitars! Just heavily EQ'd, probably. If I ever got sampled acoustics to be that believable, I'd be concerned...
I can hope, can't I?

Besides, look what stuff like BFD, ezDrummer, Superior Drums, Steven Slate Drums, Adictive Drums, etc. did to us poor drummers. Isn't it time for guitarists to feel our pain?

eDrummist wrote:
bduffy wrote:God, yes: those are real acoustic guitars! Just heavily EQ'd, probably. If I ever got sampled acoustics to be that believable, I'd be concerned...
I can hope, can't I?

Besides, look what stuff like BFD, ezDrummer, Superior Drums, Steven Slate Drums, Adictive Drums, etc. did to us poor drummers. Isn't it time for guitarists to feel our pain?
Ha ha, I hear ya. Actually, Greg does some pretty disturbing stuff with his guitar library, check out his demos. For awhile I was really working on making effective sampled-acoustic parts, but the need dropped once I got to work from home, and the trusty 6-strings were always beside me. Plus, it's frustrating! :lol:
I think you can do some pretty impressive stuff with some of the more recent libraries (RealGuitar?), plus deeply examining your playing/strumming habits, which can be quite interesting in itself.

bduffy wrote:Actually, Greg does some pretty disturbing stuff with his guitar library, check out his demos.
:lol:

The way you phrased that made me crack up. Thanks for the compliment!
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

:lol:

Meant in the best possible sense, of course. :D

indeed very nice peace of music bduffy

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”