What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

String ... as hardware

Official support for: loomer.co.uk

Moderator: colin@loomer

KVRian

735 posts since 25 Aug, 2003, from Bournemouth, UK

Postby colin@loomer; Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:18 pm String ... as hardware

So it doesn't actually exist, but I thought some String fans may get a kick out of this. Achim Ortmann has given me permission to re-post his concept render for a dedicated String hardware unit.

And as you can probably tell by the wood trim, it sounds significantly more analogue that the software version! :) Although bearing in mind the last hardware analogue synth I built exploded its battery (literally), I think it's best for everyone if I stick to developing software for now.
Shift from Loomer: Diatonic Granular Pitch Shifting Delay (AU, RTAS, & VST for Mac OS X, Windows, & Linux)
KVRian

968 posts since 6 Jul, 2005

Postby taoyoyo; Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:29 am

Looks cool Colin... is this the same guy that made the hardware controllers for U-he's Ace (and I think ImpOscar 2)?
KVRAF

3025 posts since 19 Aug, 2008, from USA-lien In the 8th Dimention

Postby abstractcats; Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:37 am

Nice! I'd buy one. :D.

I did not know, you've built hardware. Cool!

I'm working on my first circuit bending project over the next few weeks and want to build some experimental electronic instruments as well.
KVRian

735 posts since 25 Aug, 2003, from Bournemouth, UK

Postby colin@loomer; Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:50 am

taoyoyo wrote:is this the same guy that made the hardware controllers for U-he's Ace (and I think ImpOscar 2)?
No, I don't think so; this is just concept art, rather than the initial stage of an actual hardware controller. It'd certainly be an interesting project to tackle if I had the time: my calendar unfortunately tells me otherwise.

abstractcats wrote:I'm working on my first circuit bending project over the next few weeks and want to build some experimental electronic instruments as well.
If you've not done so already, then you'll be wanting to read Handmade Electronic Music: The Art of Hardware Hacking by Nicolas Collins.
Shift from Loomer: Diatonic Granular Pitch Shifting Delay (AU, RTAS, & VST for Mac OS X, Windows, & Linux)
KVRer

25 posts since 8 Dec, 2007

Postby anotherstephen; Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:09 pm

Yeah I'd get one! "Free upgrade" with String, right? :D
Stephen
KVRAF

Postby abstractcats; Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:49 am

CPB wrote: If you've not done so already, then you'll be wanting to read Handmade Electronic Music: The Art of Hardware Hacking by Nicolas Collins.

I have not seen this! Thanks! Did just a soldering iron! :D
KVRer

25 posts since 23 Apr, 2011

Postby freemobil; Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:49 pm

very very coooool!! :wink:
KVRAF

Postby abstractcats; Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:52 pm

abstractcats wrote:
CPB wrote: If you've not done so already, then you'll be wanting to read Handmade Electronic Music: The Art of Hardware Hacking by Nicolas Collins.

I have not seen this! Thanks! Did just a soldering iron! :D

Oops! ...just *got* a... :oops:
KVRian

968 posts since 6 Jul, 2005

Postby taoyoyo; Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:42 pm

CPB wrote:
taoyoyo wrote:is this the same guy that made the hardware controllers for U-he's Ace (and I think ImpOscar 2)?
No, I don't think so; this is just concept art, rather than the initial stage of an actual hardware controller. It'd certainly be an interesting project to tackle if I had the time: my calendar unfortunately tells me otherwise.

... Gotcha, wasn't sure if it was going to go any further than conceptual (and that other guy has done some phenomenal work), nice work anyway! :)
KVRian

542 posts since 3 Sep, 2009, from Vancouver

Postby awol9000; Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:46 pm

Hell ya! that would be some nice hardware. love the comment about being more analog sounding due to the wooden sides. lol

Moderator: colin@loomer

Return to Loomer