"newer verion" nag won't let me load Venus

Official support for: soundiron.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I updated with the new Venus patches and now I see this whenever I try to load many of the instruments:

"This patch was generated by a newer version of the appplication. Please upgrade your copy to load the patch"

I can't see what else I can update ....

Maybe newer version of Kontakt? Just guessing...

paulbreeze wrote:Maybe newer version of Kontakt? Just guessing...
*doink* "the application" ! Sounds so obvious it must be right :-)

That was it! Thanks for mpointing out the obvious to me :-) Just had to update Kontakt to 5.0.2

Yeah, one thing to always keep in mind with Kontakt is that even the slightest version update includes a change in the encryption that the presets are saved with. That means if you get a library that was created or last updated using Kontakt 5.0.2 and you only have version 5.0.1 installed, you won't be able to load the preset at all. If you see either of these error messages, it means you need to update to the latest version of Kontakt:

"This patch was generated by a newer version of the appplication. Please upgrade your copy to load the patch"

"This patch is corrupt and cannot be loaded"

Go ahead and update to the latest version of Kontakt through the NI Service Center and you should be all set.

Also, keep in mind that if you have a past version of Kontakt (Kontakt 2, 3 or 4) and the preset was created or last saved in a more recent Kontakt release, then you'll need to upgrade Kontakt, rather than just update it. For example, if you have Kontakt 3 and the preset was made in Kontakt 4, you'll need to upgrade to either Kontakt 4 or 5 to load it. However, if you have Kontakt 3.1 and it the preset was created in Kontakt 3.5, then a free update through the Service Center should be all you need. Basically, the rule of thumb with Kontakt is little updates are free through the Service Center and big updates require a paid upgrade through NI.

It's also wise to stay as up to date as you can with the free updates for your version of Kontakt. NI is really good about making critical bug fixes and feature additions regularly. It's definitely worthwhile to stay current.

- Mike Peaslee
Soundiron

Return to “Soundiron”