What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  
KVRer

11 posts since 26 Nov, 2006, from The Derby City

Postby stratboy69; Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:02 pm

My current project requires that I move parts of multiple tracks containg multiple clips from one project to another. I thought the most efficient way to accomplish this would be to "lasso" (ALT + mouse drag per the Manual) and then copy the needed material and paste it into the new project. That way, at least I thought, the tracks could be pasted into the new project and keep their appropriate timing/positions relative to one another.

However, when attempting to "lasso" the partial tracks/clips, the shaded rectangle just disappears when I release the mouse or the ALT key. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a better way to do this?

Any pointers are much appreciated.
"StratBoy69"
M. C. White
Louisville, KY
KVRAF

4636 posts since 28 Nov, 2002, from Chicago

Postby valley; Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:10 pm

What you are doing should work, and I'm not immediately thinking of a good reason why it isn't.

Some types of clips don't like being selected alongside others (folder clips can only be selected with other folder clips)

If you track carefully as you select, are you seeing any clips that don't seem to be picking up?
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!
KVRer

11 posts since 26 Nov, 2006, from The Derby City

Postby stratboy69; Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:51 pm

Thanks for the response. All of the clips I'm trying to select are recorded audio clips -- not folder clips. I think I may have misread the Manual on this point and CTRL + ALT + Mouse Drag is required for this operation, not just ALT + Mouse. I'm going to try some more editing tonight and I'll re-post if I make any progress.

Thanks again for the help.
"StratBoy69"
M. C. White
Louisville, KY
KVRAF

3346 posts since 7 Jan, 2005, from Hamilton, New Zealand

Postby metamorphosis; Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:07 pm

Yup, just ALT + mouse click->drag while continuing to hold down alt.
XP/Vista/Win7/Win8 Optimisation, DAW Tips, AudioXP - XPFree
I made an oddly-acoustic album and an electronica thing and an alt-metal doohicky...

Moderators: jules, TSC, ModuLR, valley

Return to Tracktion