What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Ableton Live 9 announced

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

ksandvik
KVRist
 
363 posts since 25 Aug, 2005, from North California

Postby ksandvik; Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:50 am

Well, for me Live 9 made me re-kindle my love for Logic :-).
headquest
KVRAF
 
7475 posts since 6 Jul, 2004

Postby headquest; Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:54 am

Zone-Ghost wrote:I own (actually paid for) Suite 8 & M4L, and couldn't care less. I MIGHT if I REALLY wanted to run specific effects while doing a live show, but like every other professional who uses Live for live shows (ie: everyone), you work around it. Unfortunately, you'll have to bounce the clip or get a lower latency plug if you're playing live. That, or deal with a .5 ms delay on your crazy circuit-modeled EQ or tube saturator. Welcome to software. I'm willing to trade this strangely overlooked feature in exchange for the other unique feature's present in Live. I'm not happy about lacking dual monitors either, but that's not a big enough reason for me to jump in to Logic or Cubase again. If it is for you, be my guest. :)


Well said :-)
memyselfandus
KVRAF
 
3907 posts since 28 Apr, 2006

Postby memyselfandus; Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:03 am

I may just upgrade Just for the Audio to Midi by Timbre function.
tooneba
KVRist
 
376 posts since 6 Nov, 2012

Postby tooneba; Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:25 am

I'm fine with Midi to Audio feature.
fateisaweapon
KVRist
 
69 posts since 1 Jan, 2011

Postby fateisaweapon; Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:33 am

Seems live 9 has an expected release date in February.


http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ableton-Pus ... 2897935.gc
User avatar
robojam
KVRAF
 
20960 posts since 26 Jul, 2005, from Inside Schroedinger's Cat...or am I...

Postby robojam; Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:51 am

It does seem to imply it somewhat. Let's hope so!
hibidy
KVRAF
 
41493 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:04 pm

Meh, take yer time, I can't afford push right now!
dusted william
KVRAF
 
4706 posts since 17 Dec, 2000

Postby dusted william; Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:13 pm

I need to update to suite before it's too late!

dw
hibidy
KVRAF
 
41493 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:20 pm

dusted william wrote:I need to update to suite before it's too late!

dw


YEAH you do!!!!! :party:
koalaboy
KVRAF
 
1591 posts since 18 Mar, 2006, from Plymouth, UK

Postby koalaboy; Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:14 am

It would seem that Beta slots are open again... at the moment :wink:
User avatar
robojam
KVRAF
 
20960 posts since 26 Jul, 2005, from Inside Schroedinger's Cat...or am I...

Postby robojam; Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:09 am

koalaboy wrote:It would seem that Beta slots are open again... at the moment :wink:

Yup. On it.
User avatar
MFXxx
KVRAF
 
1977 posts since 27 Mar, 2010, from UK

Postby MFXxx; Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:37 pm

robojam wrote:
koalaboy wrote:It would seem that Beta slots are open again... at the moment :wink:

Yup. On it.


Thanks for the heads up :)

Overnight download I think ... servers running around 50kb - 4 hours+ will be a fun weekend.

Just a quickie what is the necessaity/need for Max for Live please?

Thanks
Rintrah roars & shakes his fires in the burdend air...
...nothing special just my noodles :
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
Eric C.
KVRist
 
96 posts since 2 Jun, 2012

Postby Eric C.; Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:56 pm

headquest wrote:
Zone-Ghost wrote:I own (actually paid for) Suite 8 & M4L, and couldn't care less. I MIGHT if I REALLY wanted to run specific effects while doing a live show, but like every other professional who uses Live for live shows (ie: everyone), you work around it. Unfortunately, you'll have to bounce the clip or get a lower latency plug if you're playing live. That, or deal with a .5 ms delay on your crazy circuit-modeled EQ or tube saturator. Welcome to software. I'm willing to trade this strangely overlooked feature in exchange for the other unique feature's present in Live. I'm not happy about lacking dual monitors either, but that's not a big enough reason for me to jump in to Logic or Cubase again. If it is for you, be my guest. :)


Well said :-)


I like this...thank you!
shanecgriffo
KVRAF
 
3701 posts since 27 Nov, 2003, from beach side australia

Postby shanecgriffo; Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:10 pm

Thought I'd bite the bullet and upgrade from v6... Feb release you say?
(nice price for me.. I paid $100 for v6 ...and upgrade to 9 via 8 is $150.. $250 all up for standard version!:) )
dusted william
KVRAF
 
4706 posts since 17 Dec, 2000

Postby dusted william; Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:28 pm

I'm really liking the suite 9 upgrade right now.

The beta is awesome. So happy.

dw
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)