What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

QIN Engine standalone?

Official support for: chineekong.com & kongaudio.com

Moderators: sosayweall, Kongaudio

heffer
KVRer

1 post since 12 Jan, 2013

Postby heffer; Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:47 am QIN Engine standalone?

I downloaded the user manual but wasn't able to gather if the QIN engine is able run by itself, or if it needs to be used with in a DAW?

I'm considering purchasing the whole collection, but I want to make sure I can implement it the right way into my setup. All sequencing work will be done on a Mac, and I will have the QIN engine running on a secondary PC as if it were just another sound module. I don't have a DAW installed on this PC and would want the QIN engine to run standalone. Is this possible? And if so, will I lose any functionality compared to running it in a DAW?

Thanks!
sosayweall
KVRian

773 posts since 25 Feb, 2005

Postby sosayweall; Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:45 am

Hi heffer,

Thank you for your interest in our product.

QIN RV can be run as a standalone host because it comes with our Small Host. However, Small Host is a very basic host, lacking many crucial features. Say, no multi-audio out capability, nor can SH save its status as a project, and in some rare cases it could malfunction.

The standalone mode is included to give our users a easier way to play with our instruments out of the box. A proper host is recommended if you want to use QIN. But if you just need what Small Host can do, then sure you can use it.

*You can download GuZheng Classic and give it a try first. The standalone mode
is included.

http://www.chineekong.com/freebies.htm

Moderators: sosayweall, Kongaudio

Return to Kong Audio