What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Tracktion's future...?

Discussion about: tracktion.com

Moderators: ModuLR, valley, jules, TSC

medienhexer
KVRist
 
324 posts since 16 May, 2007, from Berlin

Postby medienhexer; Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:11 am

Okay, I'm really interested, as well. Basically, Jules has done what his customers kept asking for - clean up, make comoatible, etc.

Theo has a point, though. Side chaining and pdc will pop up REAL soon after release. And I don't care for going back to manual correction at all. I will, however, buy the 'inexpensive upgrade' if it really is that to support development. From what I understand, Jules is a perfectionist when it comes to code, but perhaps there is a chance of him employing somebody to support development of tracktion if there's enough customers doing the upgrade.

I really can't imagine one person alone pulling off the stunt of catching up feature-wise with large development teams in other companies. So, sharing some of the work load might improve chances of this happening, I guess...

Oh, and one thing: PLEASE don't replicate the C/R activation scheme of t2/t3! If tracktion was serial number protected, I could easily recommend it to at least three friends.
..off to play with my music toys - see my site for results of my ongoing artistic struggle.
http://grannysrecipe.bandcamp.com/track/forgotten
User avatar
mandolarian
KVRAF
 
2535 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from Raincoast of Grayland

Postby mandolarian; Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:32 am

PDC glitches in T are a Mac thing, yes? (So it's already half-fixed. :D)

Side chaining is easy with racks.

Feature wise, T is still far ahead in the most important feature for me: Creative workflow.

I will be buying Tracktion V4 even it involves jumping thru burning hoops of C/R activation hell. Although I will whine like a wounded groundhog about it.

For the rest of the week, tho, I'll be partying like it's 1999!
perception: the stuff reality is made of.
medienhexer
KVRist
 
324 posts since 16 May, 2007, from Berlin

Postby medienhexer; Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:04 am

mandolarian wrote:For the rest of the week, tho, I'll be partying like it's 1999!


I wonder what that will look like...

I got first access to the interentz in 2001 and even those who already had access... No audio or video downloads, loads and loads of badly anmiated GIFs, the dark ages of the internet, I suppose :-D

Do a Yahoo or Fireball search for 'worst homepage design' while you're reliving the past ;-)
..off to play with my music toys - see my site for results of my ongoing artistic struggle.
http://grannysrecipe.bandcamp.com/track/forgotten
medienhexer
KVRist
 
324 posts since 16 May, 2007, from Berlin

Postby medienhexer; Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:12 am

mandolarian wrote:Side chaining is easy with racks.


To be honest, I expect to be able to select any track or bus from the sidechain menu of a SC-capable plug-in. Or route any track/bus to the sidechain of an open sc-capable plug-in. Although I do prefer the first solution.

There shouldn't be more complex setup required especially if you're the maker of the most workflow-efficient DAW alive.

Speaking of complex setups, I wouldn't dismiss the virtues of the Rack, though. Having a modular environment like that inside your host... And not having to go Reason for that sounds pretty amazing to me. I can see myself getting completely lost in modulation routings with FabFilter plug-ins here :-D
..off to play with my music toys - see my site for results of my ongoing artistic struggle.
http://grannysrecipe.bandcamp.com/track/forgotten
User avatar
mandolarian
KVRAF
 
2535 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from Raincoast of Grayland

Postby mandolarian; Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:12 am

medienhexer wrote:
mandolarian wrote:For the rest of the week, tho, I'll be partying like it's 1999!


I wonder what that will look like...

I got first access to the interentz in 2001 and even those who already had access... No audio or video downloads, loads and loads of badly anmiated GIFs, the dark ages of the internet, I suppose :-D


Yes, it might have been ugly, but at least it wasn't Facebook banality ugly. But, the partying was pretty much offline (thankfully) anyhow - back when men were groundhogs and real strings were broken. :hihi:
perception: the stuff reality is made of.
medienhexer
KVRist
 
324 posts since 16 May, 2007, from Berlin

Postby medienhexer; Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:15 am

Oh yes, let's all write Grunge songs again. Honestly, I'm still having very fond memories of Nirvana, Alice in Chains and all those bands anyways. So, now is as good as any time to celebrate that, I guess :-)
..off to play with my music toys - see my site for results of my ongoing artistic struggle.
http://grannysrecipe.bandcamp.com/track/forgotten
TheoM
KVRAF
 
18925 posts since 4 Sep, 2001, from Melbourne Australia

Postby TheoM; Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:31 am

medienhexer wrote:
mandolarian wrote:Side chaining is easy with racks.


To be honest, I expect to be able to select any track or bus from the sidechain menu of a SC-capable plug-in. Or route any track/bus to the sidechain of an open sc-capable plug-in. Although I do prefer the first solution.

There shouldn't be more complex setup required especially if you're the maker of the most workflow-efficient DAW alive.

Speaking of complex setups, I wouldn't dismiss the virtues of the Rack, though. Having a modular environment like that inside your host... And not having to go Reason for that sounds pretty amazing to me. I can see myself getting completely lost in modulation routings with FabFilter plug-ins here :-D


right.. racks go against the whole super simplicity paradigm
"Just call me shitload, cause I own a shitload of plugins!"
User avatar
mandolarian
KVRAF
 
2535 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from Raincoast of Grayland

Postby mandolarian; Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:37 am

TheoM wrote:right.. racks go against the whole super simplicity paradigm


Not against the whole simplicity paradigm, just some of the simpler parts. :D
perception: the stuff reality is made of.
IIRs
KVRAF
 
6705 posts since 24 Mar, 2002, from sheffield, england

Postby IIRs; Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:35 am

jules wrote:Hello chaps!


Nice to have you back Jules :)
Looking forward to trying T4...
medienhexer
KVRist
 
324 posts since 16 May, 2007, from Berlin

Postby medienhexer; Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:46 am

Hey, Dan

Please don't update your tracktion tutorials. I don't know why but somehow I have to purchase everything you make a tutorial about :-D

Oh and as to tracktion itself, I just remebered tracktion was the reason I signed up with KVR in the first place. If I were to have a running installation on my Mac this year.. a full circle situation for sure.

Jules, just in case you're still reading, I spent a *+$¥<{#-load of money on plugins which only exist thanks to JUCE. So I personally wouldn't mind if you concentrated on core features first - 3rd party plugins are very much covered for many of your customers, I presume.
..off to play with my music toys - see my site for results of my ongoing artistic struggle.
http://grannysrecipe.bandcamp.com/track/forgotten
IIRs
KVRAF
 
6705 posts since 24 Mar, 2002, from sheffield, england

Postby IIRs; Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:28 am

medienhexer wrote:I don't know why but somehow I have to purchase everything you make a tutorial about :-D


Great! My next Synthedit plugin will come with a comprehensive tutorial video, and a price tag of $399

:D
Ben.B
KVRer
 
18 posts since 22 Apr, 2010

Postby Ben.B; Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:37 am

Dear Tracktion 4,

My wallet is all yours...

Must be the mayans prophecy at work... a new era for sure!

Wow, now I just have to wait for Sampletank 3 and live a peaceful life.

:love:
mfkne
KVRist
 
183 posts since 17 Sep, 2004, from Good Old Germany

Postby mfkne; Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:00 am

Mackie homepage is unavailable at the moment. Think they remove Tracktion....
Lost in Music...
valley
KVRAF
 
4636 posts since 28 Nov, 2002, from Chicago

Postby valley; Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:06 am

mfkne wrote:Mackie homepage is unavailable at the moment. Think they remove Tracktion....


I'd imagine NAMM updates, but not this one.
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!
mfkne
KVRist
 
183 posts since 17 Sep, 2004, from Good Old Germany

Postby mfkne; Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:11 am

valley wrote:
mfkne wrote:Mackie homepage is unavailable at the moment. Think they remove Tracktion....


I'd imagine NAMM updates, but not this one.


The removal of Tracktion page would be part of NAMM-Update, I think... :D
Lost in Music...
PreviousNext

Moderators: ModuLR, valley, jules, TSC

Return to Tracktion