Camel Audio ceasing sales? [Update: CA acquired by Apple]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

jlanthier wrote:
sjm wrote:I thought you must have come across something more substantial than more internet rumours, seeing as what you wrote read as if the Apple takeover was gospel and official.

No no, sorry for the confusion! I was just a little annoyed that a few people were talking as if thinking that Apple probably bought out CA was a sign of paranoid dementia. Given all the evidence so far, it's not unreasonable to think that's probably what happened. Although *still* no one around here seems to really know. (or be willing/able to say it if they do!).
Right you are, and the missing tweet has resurfaced too.

They are all preparing in secret for a rerun of the Temple of Doom scene where the still-beating heart of Alchemy is ripped out and held aloft while ZePH is lowered into a pit of burning money.

The heart will then be used in an attempt to reanimate the corpse of SJ (or EXS24 if that craps out).
"I got a car battery and two jumper cables that argue different."
Rust Cohle

Alchemy is now owned by the Illuminati, who are using it at Area 51 to control the space aliens from Jupiter who are transmitting mind control rays despite the best the Men In Black can accomplish. :wheee: :wheee: :nutter:

..oh, and Steve Jobs isn't dead, he just went home. :hihi:
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

SyntheticAurality wrote:Alchemy is now owned by the Illuminati, who are using it at Area 51 to control the space aliens from Jupiter who are transmitting mind control rays despite the best the Men In Black can accomplish. :wheee: :wheee: :nutter:
Oh come on, that's just a rumour :uhuhuh:
SyntheticAurality wrote:..oh, and Steve Jobs isn't dead, he just went home. :hihi:
The guy who fits the "Man who fell to earth" storyline isn't the J-boob, its Elon Musk. And what else would an alien be called?
:-o
Last edited by egbert on Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I got a car battery and two jumper cables that argue different."
Rust Cohle

war slowing down :?

t3toooo wrote:Still, from the little I know about psychiatry I can say that camelaudio seems to exhibit many of the symptoms of Asperger's syndrome.

It`s actually just a little that you know, especially about the Asperger Syndrom :wink:
Most of all the symptoms of Asperger Syndrom is being damned brutal honesty. They are almost unable to lie. They have a huge sense for fairness and justice. They always mean exactly what they say as they say it and so: This comparison is offending for each person with Asperger Syndrom. I just wish to say this here. Be more careful with such comparisons, especially if you just know a little 8)

I personally know people with Asperger Syndrom. I just can say that this are the most honesty, most fair and most tolerant people I`ve ever met. The neurotypical could learn a lot from them. The behavior of Camel Audio is definitely not the behavior of someone who has the Asperger Syndrom. It is right that people with Asperger Syndrom have problems with relationships and it can happen that they end it up abrupt, but if you ask them why: You will get a honesty answer for sure. Often it is just a break for a certain time and if you just wait, your Aspie returns. But Camel Audio will not return.

It is also a very common wrong information that Aspies don`t have got emotions, the opposite is right. They even have got very strong emotions they just watch the world, the people into it, and all what happens on this planet with different eyes, from a different angle. That`s all. Another false information is that Asperger Syndrom would be a disease, because it is not. The official, actual/current professional description (made by Psychologists!!!!) is that Asperger Syndrom is not a disease but rather can be called differentness. They are just different, but not ill!!! Autism is not a disease, it is just being different.
So mate: You are definitely not up to date and not well informed.

I don`t wish to get into an argument with you about your comparison here, because "sh*t happens", I pardon you, but I just wish to correct it for all the Aspies out there 8)

Apart from that: I`m still here, reading this thread and wonder :lol:

....I wonder if you all will make it until page 500 :lol:
Simplicity without a name, is free from all external aim. With no desire, at rest and still,
all things go right as of their will.
Daodejing verse 37

^^^^ This :tu: :tu: :tu:
"All persons living or dead are purely coincidental." - Vonnegut

As someone with Asperger's syndrome who's met a lot of other Aspies in group meetings ...those characteristics are greatly misrepresented. There are almost as many variations as there are people. Some are chronic liars. Some have criminal records. Most of them in the group were considered ah*les by their partners because of an inability to reciprocate with others. TV likes to portray Aspies like they're all honest savant super geniuses (criminal minds, Mozart and the whale). In reality most people don't like them. Is it unfair? Absolutely. However, I agree that it's not a disease. It's just being different.

People on the autism spectrum are just as diverse as those that aren't.

Also: the longer I live with and around it, the more I see it as just another NORMAL realm of the human spectra. It's just gotten lots of attention because of those who have the feature in a debilitating way, and the realization that a lot of people have it and have been previously considered willfully "odd" or "uncooperative" when it's really yet another simple difference among humans (especially in learning style and intellectual / emotional processing) that, because it's not the majority, is treated to the usual bigotry and insensitivity of the majority.

Kudos for the attemps to combat the myths, Mojo42 :tu:
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Hell, the hipster I knew best is clearly on the spectrum. Cool vs awkward/asshole is all in presentation and in how you compare to the current perception of "normal".
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

[shaking off the seriousness] I heard down the pub that the pub was entirely staffed by former Camel Audio engineers who had been displaced in their career usefulness when Alchemy 2 attained self-awareness.

No chips in ears this time (but I might've confused "down the pub" with watching some weird scifi show while seriously sleep deprived).
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

masterhiggins wrote:As someone with Asperger's syndrome who's met a lot of other Aspies in group meetings ...those characteristics are greatly misrepresented. There are almost as many variations as there are people.
That`s right.
masterhiggins wrote: Some are chronic liars.
Also right, but the accentuation is "some".
masterhiggins wrote: Some have criminal records. Most of them in the group were considered ah*les by their partners because of an inability to reciprocate with others.
I would call this more a lack of understanding the inner world of an autist. And as you already said by yourself there are almost as many variations as people and I know some who are happily married since many years.
masterhiggins wrote: TV likes to portray Aspies like they're all honest savant super geniuses (criminal minds, Mozart and the whale).
I agree, but probably less than 1% are really savants.
masterhiggins wrote: In reality most people don't like them.
Yes. Because in reality a lot of people fear honesty much more than anything else :wink:
There is a chinese proverb which says: You need a fast horse, if you tend to speak the truth.
masterhiggins wrote: Is it unfair? Absolutely.

No it is not unfair, it`s just the lack of empathy on the side of the neurotypicals :lol:
masterhiggins wrote: However, I agree that it's not a disease. It's just being different.
As already said :D
Simplicity without a name, is free from all external aim. With no desire, at rest and still,
Daodejing verse 37

So when it's not a disease, what is it then? Does it have to be bad to be able to name it a "disease"? Obviously there's something functioning differently.

So, why is Camel Audio closing down?

Jace-BeOS wrote:Kudos for the attemps to combat the myths, Mojo42 :tu:
Thanks. I already had the strong suspicion that I`m not alone here 8) :lol:

Playing around hours for hours with electronic equipement (Synthesizer) seems to be a very "special interest" :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, no I don`t want to say that everybody here is autistic :wink: but a couple for sure.
Daodejing verse 37

Return to “Instruments”