Camel Audio ceasing sales? [Update: CA acquired by Apple]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Here's one:

We threaten to start openingly trading Alchemy libraries in 30 days - say: March 1st.

I'm sure we'll get a 'cease and desist' letter before then.

The answer to who owns CA's ip will likely be revealed in that threat - if not: we start trading Alchemy libraries in 30 days.

goldenanalog wrote:Here's one:

We threaten to start openingly trading Alchemy libraries in 30 days - say: March 1st.

The answer to who owns CA's ip will likely be revealed in that threat - if not: we start trading Alchemy libraries in 30 days.
That's actually a good idea. :hihi:

Sampleconstruct wrote:
audiosabre wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:life goes on.
Hey Simon, if you fancy doing a firesale on your Alchemy libraries, I'm game ;)
We are just preparing the website, nostalgia sale is coming soon. :tu:
Oh no he didn't! :party:

you can trade them now....ppl are already doing it.

Kriminal wrote:

For me, anyway: it could only happen AFTER giving reasonable public notice & be strictly confined to CA's Alchemy libraries w/no money exchanged.

goldenanalog wrote:
Kriminal wrote:

For me, anyway: it could only happen AFTER giving reasonable public notice & be strictly confined to CA's Alchemy libraries w/no money exchanged.
That seems fair to me... since I want to give Camel my money but they wont take it combined with the fact that they did not give me any notice to purchase their libraries before closing the doors.

pdxindy wrote:
goldenanalog wrote:
Kriminal wrote:

That seems fair to me... since I want to give Camel my money but they wont take it combined with the fact that they did not give me any notice to purchase their libraries before closing the doors.
I was going to buy the rest of the Alchemy package with my tax refund (got about $400 invested into Alchemy including the IOS App)

That's not a very ethical move. Even after 60 days, CA products are scarcely abandonware. AFAIK, Alchemy users are still able to use their software and samples.

It would be akin to 60 days after someone declares bankruptcy, someone else swoops in and repossesses their car, even though the car is entirely paid for.

You need to just wait it out and see what happens. An unkind person might remind you that these are the very real risks involved with purchasing ROMplers that utilize proprietary sample formats.

mutantdog wrote:Instead, what has been clearly stated is that CamelAudio is no more and their products are no longer for sale.

Where has it been stated that camel audio is no more? Apart from random unassociated people guessing on here?

SODDI wrote:

That's not a very ethical move. Even after 60 days, CA products are scarcely abandonware. AFAIK, Alchemy users are still able to use their software and samples.

It would be akin to 60 days after someone declares bankruptcy, someone else swoops in and repossesses their car, even though the car is entirely paid for.

You need to just wait it out and see what happens. An unkind person might remind you that these are the very real risks involved with purchasing ROMplers that utilize proprietary sample formats.
Ok - let's say: 60 days instead of 30 - if it is publicly broadcasted that in 60 days that CA's Alchemy libraries are going to be freely exchanged, then I think that it's reasonable to expect contact by whatever parties that potentially will suffer a loss of revenue - which would (of course) include original content providers of source material for Alchemy.

It's shaking the bushes...
Last edited by goldenanalog on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I say we all take our virtual copies of Alchemy + libraries and burn them on the front steps of Camel Audio HQ! That'll show 'em.

If that's too harsh, well, you can just, you know, fart disapprovingly or something. Anything, just to let them know we ain't takin' no crap! Power, brother.

Arglebargle wrote:You know what this thread needs? More pages.

Yo dawg, I heard you like pages

Here's a clarification:

The libraries that I purchased through the App store for IOS Alchemy are no longer available (so far I'm out about $50, and over 90% of the purchased sound ware) - that's what brought me to CA's website to begin with.

So... how about them Bears eh...
eh...

Kriminal wrote:So... how about them Bears eh...
eh...
If a bear sh!ts in the woods, will a Camel hear it?

Return to “Instruments”