Camel Audio ceasing sales? [Update: CA acquired by Apple]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

crawlingwind wrote:I can't believe you guys are still posting in this thread...
I can't believe you're still posting in this thread about us posting in this thread when the smart money is on speculating about the final number of posts before either all the Camel hairsuits wear out and the great lockout of 2015 occurs.
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

You do know they have Camel Races , you know like they race cars or horses .. Just saying ...

fedexnman wrote:You do know they have Camel Races , you know like they race cars or horses .. Just saying ...
That's it!!! Brilliant! Why did it take us almost 300 pages to figure it out???

Ben and the boys took all their Camels and went racing!!! A2 was said to be faster and sleeker and more powerful than ever before. Additive resynthesis gambling FTW. :D
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

mandolarian wrote:
fedexnman wrote:You do know they have Camel Races , you know like they race cars or horses .. Just saying ...
That's it!!! Brilliant! Why did it take us almost 300 pages to figure it out???

Ben and the boys took all their Camels and went racing!!! A2 was said to be faster and sleeker and more powerful than ever before. Additive resynthesis gambling FTW. :D
Exactly , they moved to the middle east and are now professional camel jockeys . :dog:

Finally a speculation which actually makes sense!

and tow trucks

Sampleconstruct wrote:Finally a speculation which actually makes sense!
Sorry to hold out so long . There's a lot of money to be made racing camels and then there is the gambling aspect and the naming of the camels . You know racing horses have fancy names and stuff .

It was there in front of us all the time, but we were so blind.

Not trying to spread any rumors but I cannot stop myself from mentioning this latest and possibly true rumor that if this thread goes up to 300 posts that Alchemy 2 will be resurrected.

No, no wait. A small error on the math. It is 300k. :roll:

I still find it strange that ZenPunkHippy stopped posting over a month before the official announcement.
Maybe that's when Camel Audio started to think about selling their business. Time will tell.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Snap ! Patchpool's mailout was first I heard of this. A good chance incidentally to get some cracking Alchemy patches which seriously push the envelope .

Such a surprise coming on the verge of Alchemy 2. Could somehow financing that development have been a problem? I was puzzled to see the 50% sale last year, and glad I pushed the boat out in hindsight. Was that to boost the coffers for the last push? Idle speculation. Whatever happened, we may never know.

I wish the team at Camel all the best, being of the view best not factor in future development when buying software - just evaluate it based on listening to what it does now. So I am grateful we have the six months to ensure we have safely backed up. It could have been worse.

And I shall be making plans to backup everything, not just my data, just in case. Better to play it safe. Thankfully drive prices have been falling steadily.

I miss ZPH so much... :(

Karten wrote:I still find it strange that ZenPunkHippy stopped posting over a month before the official announcement.
Maybe that's when Camel Audio started to think about selling their business. Time will tell.
Hmmm, I still spoke with Andy via PM till like, then end of December, he was still around, but it wasn't CA related, so dunno :shrug: Either way, there's only speculation about a company sale, I wouldn't buy into it until it's specifically announced / clarified.
Eternitysound VST Banks

blob 59 wrote:Such a surprise coming on the verge of Alchemy 2. Could somehow financing that development have been a problem? I was puzzled to see the 50% sale last year, and glad I pushed the boat out in hindsight. Was that to boost the coffers for the last push? Idle speculation. Whatever happened, we may never know.
Probably. If the silence really is because of a NDA it seems there was an aweful lot of pressure to accept these terms. I mean, when you run a healthy company and do not HAVE to sell treating your customers that way is at least a little odd (especially as we all seem to agree all at CA are really nice and helpful guys). So either an aweful lot of money is involved to accept these terms (the 'offer you can't refuse', but according to some previous posts this is not the case) or one way or the other you are forced to accept as not accepting would be much worse for your company.
Hope at some point in time we will know.......

Return to “Instruments”