Apple Acquires Camel Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alchemy Alchemy Mobile Alchemy Player CamelCrusher Cameleon 5000 CamelPhat CamelPhatFree CamelSpace

Yeah, rub in the salt into the wounds of us Mac idiots :)

Wouldn't call you idiots at all (implicitly or explicitly), that would be idiotic of me. But it is sad how little care Apple has for backwards compatibility - I don't think it's helpful, at all. From my perspective all they see are dollar signs, not users. They don't care. But, it's what you guys chose. That's not idiotic, if it fits the way you work. I might suggest a hint of gullibility in the grand scheme of things, though. :P

So, why say goodbye to Alchemy (or indeed any other product forever "lost" because developers aren't taking any of Apple's crap), when you can still run it safely on Windows... probably for another decade? :D

EvilDragon wrote:So, why say goodbye to Alchemy (or indeed any other product forever "lost" because developers aren't taking any of Apple's crap), when you can still run it safely on Windows... probably for another decade? :D
and on the same computer, no less

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:So, why say goodbye to Alchemy (or indeed any other product forever "lost" because developers aren't taking any of Apple's crap), when you can still run it safely on Windows... probably for another decade? :D
Well, dual boot is always awkward to me personally, and running Parallels or the like might introduce additional latency (possibly), so it kinda makes sense to have a second machine to run W7 for as long as it can consume electricity. :D

EvilDragon wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Well, dual boot is always awkward to me personally, and running Parallels or the like might introduce additional latency (possibly), so it kinda makes sense to have a second machine to run W7 for as long as it can consume electricity. :D
i used to dual-boot, but haven't with my latest mac. the 2 main frustrations - a) that xp was such a world away from osx, and b) too slow to keep booting - would seem to be less of an issue now i.e the latest windows' seem a little more useable (so i could bear sticking around in it as soon as i had finished gaming), and booting times can be slashed with an ssd

i will likely get a copy of windows 7 when i buy an ssd, to get access to a wider range of games. unlike days of old, i could imagine then sticking around in windows until it was time to go back to making music. if i were a die-hard alchemy fan, it would be easy to justify a reaper license (or just use live-lite) to keep using it. definitely not as convenient as calling it up in logic, but could be an interesting change in workflow, and you get a few more years use out of it

Come on guys, no worry with the future compatibility. I have Win10 developer preview running on one of the machines. I've been running rare mixing desk and intercom matrix configuration software on it for a few weeks. All functionality stayed OK. If anything, there is a lot of Win8 groundwork left untouched in Win10 so far. I believe if you can run Alchemy on Win8, it'll be ok at least on Win10.

...no new features is the aspect that sucks the most imho.
Evovled into noctucat...
http://www.noctucat.com/

EvilDragon wrote:
So, why say goodbye to Alchemy (or indeed any other product forever "lost" because developers aren't taking any of Apple's crap), when you can still run it safely on Windows... probably for another decade? :D
The OS-topic is only one aspect of saying goodbye to a software which in it's core has never been updated and still uses the crappy. non-existent sample editor as in version 1.0, the non-existent sample mapping features, the non existent crossfade-looping, the dated granulator, the unusable spectral editor (in mono) and so forth. As much as I loved Alchemy, as much I am happy to now use software which is being actively developed and sounds state of the art.

Sampleconstruct wrote: As much as I loved Alchemy, as much I am happy to now use software which is being actively developed and sounds state of the art.
What have you moved on to?
"I got a car battery and two jumper cables that argue different."
Rust Cohle

egbert wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote: As much as I loved Alchemy, as much I am happy to now use software which is being actively developed and sounds state of the art.
What have you moved on to?
Before I write it all again:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0&t=429352

Why do many people sell their Alchemy libraries?

Melodyshine wrote:Why do many people sell their Alchemy libraries?
Money.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Melodyshine wrote:Why do many people sell their Alchemy libraries?
To pay for hookers and blow. :hihi: :hihi:

Not selling mine.. gonna use Alchemy until it dies, then it's Absynth+Padshop Pro+Dark Plant+Anomaly VSTi. :shrug:
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

Deleted
Last edited by Melodyshine on Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i'll probably just use the lib samples in whatever other sampler after alchemy goes the way of the dodo, in terms of compatibility. there's plenty of useful stuff in the source samples alone.

from what i hear, the plan is for camel technology to emerge in a future iphone. my understanding is that you'll be able to make all of your voicemails sound like darth vader.
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

kelldammit wrote:from what i hear, the plan is for camel technology to emerge in a future iphone. my understanding is that you'll be able to make all of your voicemails sound like darth vader.
That is fitting in so many ways.

"I am altering the EULA, pray I don't alter it any further."

Return to “Instruments”