Apple Acquires Camel Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alchemy Alchemy Mobile Alchemy Player CamelCrusher Cameleon 5000 CamelPhat CamelPhatFree CamelSpace

Camel Audio has been very quick to transfer my licenses as I have sold them. Now, with the final license left to transfer, I have heard nothing for two days.

I am having patience with them due to their past service. All of my other licenses were transferred very, very quickly....

dnekm wrote:Camel Audio has been very quick to transfer my licenses as I have sold them. Now, with the final license left to transfer, I have heard nothing for two days.

I am having patience with them due to their past service. All of my other licenses were transferred very, very quickly....
I also bought a license second hand in this forum on Sunday. The seller is chasing up Camel Audio to the best of his ability, but still no license transfer done after three days.

I guess Ben and the lads are living it up at the mo' :party: :x

So I got it transferred today, they sorted it out :tu:
Apologies for the delay - following your license transfer request, I've just transferred the licenses across for CamelSpace

You'll be able to install by downloading and logging into our new installer application, linked below if you've not already got it
I was unaware about the installer application, is this a new invention, or was it always like that? :?

No it was new, launched I think some weeks before the buyout...

beely wrote:launched I think some weeks before the buyout...
Wow, was that bit of system implementation well spent R&D money then :lol:

Numanoid wrote:
beely wrote:launched I think some weeks before the buyout...
Wow, was that bit of system implementation well spent R&D money then :lol:
I think it was more like they were just going on with plans as normal, preparing for the Alchemy 2 launch when Apple came along and dropped the "umm... we were thinking..." bombshell on them...

They transferred my license this morning as well... 8)

I think there must be some former Camel Audio staffers lurking the forum :wink:

I made a comment in this thread a month ago or so about a page a Camel Audio showing info about their staff still being available. Some days later that link was not working anymore.

We complain here about the license transfer taking time. A day later it is fixed.

Still nothing official then....

They transferred my license in a day. Great guys, even after the Apple takeover.

Kriminal wrote:Still nothing official then....
I strongly don't think we will until the deadline for license transfers and downloads is over this Summer.

VitaminD wrote:I strongly don't think we will until the deadline for license transfers and downloads is over this Summer.
And what do you expect to happen then? That week Apple announce a press release and say "Oh yeah, we bought this little Camel company last year"..? Seriously... if there was going to be anything "official" announced by Apple, it would have happened by now. My feeling is, they don't intend to say anything about it, and there won't be any official announcements about it, ever.

Just like Redmatica. As I've been saying all along...

Of which Apple incorporated AutoSampler into MainStage, as we've made abundantly clear...

You know, now that this is all over and done with, I still for the life of me can't figure out what it was that Camel Audio had that was so great that Apple would make an offer to buy it. They certainly weren't any competition for Apple.

This whole thing is just so bizarre to me.

It was probably more for their coding chops, rather than anything specific in Alchemy itself. :shrug:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Return to “Instruments”