Diva vs Analogue - a real world test

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva

Yeah, so people genuinely want me to go away, leave KVR.

Is that right?

Not like I'm not aware of your positions. I know exactly what you think. I've known long before simply because I am not entirely ignorant of the possibilities.

The question for me is more what use can I make of you. How might you serve me? You're right, "pity, remorse or fear" whether intended as a joke or not.

If you continue to serve my purposes I will continue to participate here. Open your mind to the possibilities and try to see what I am thinking.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

aciddose wrote:
EnGee wrote:As I see it, it is like going to the church and saying that "I can prove there is no God".
Actually walking into any university and making such a claim would cause quite a lot of laughter, wouldn't it?

You can prove there is no evidence of something which is defined as that which has no evidence? :hyper:

See the "I know you're lying, but continue" image :)
The presentation should be the issue then.

Anyway, why going to the church or university?!
If I say here (in KVR) "Guys, alcohol, smoking and drugs (includes weeds), have no benefits for you, and I can prove it, so stop it!" For how long do you think I can stay alive? :hihi:

aciddose wrote:
Is it even worth the effort? Who am I really helping here?

I suppose I should just give up.
I learnt a bit from the alias thread and this one, so ta for that, for what it's worth :tu:
:hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

bftucker wrote:Listen, and understand! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

Is it from the future?

Nah...Canada, I think.

:) :lol:

Well, he's actually right. But he's talking to the wrong audience in a manner that turns people against him. Especially the u-he fanbois. And so the fight is guaranteed.

All this is pointless and an utter waste of time but I love it, so please go on!

aciddose wrote:[
I think you misunderstand both our positions.
No man people actually understand your position quite well :wink:

And by emphatic responses (of biblical proportions may i say) i think we understand you even a bit clearer.

Just rock on it's fun :tu:

Teach us something else now will ya :ud:

My last in this topic, and I hope he takes it in good spirit, but man, what a month to get suspended Krim :lol: :hihi:
:hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

aciddose wrote:I suppose I should just give up.
I think that is a good idea! You are probably throwing pearls before swine here.
"I speak for all mediocrities in the world. I am their champion. I am their patron saint."

If I didn't take it in good spirits why on earth would I keep coming back to this place?
EnGee wrote: If I say here (in KVR) "Guys, alcohol, smoking and drugs (includes weeds), have no benefits for you, and I can prove it, so stop it!" For how long do you think I can stay alive? :hihi:
The other day I was out with my brother and his friends and had a smoke. I find a few beers help most with the piano (expressiveness 1000%) but weed not so much... I think everything feels so much better but that has the potential to actually make my playing worse. If everything sounds awesome why not just hit the same key over and over? :)

(BTW I vehemently disagree on this point also! I think you'd have a lot of trouble demonstrating they receive no benefits :) You'd survive, when was the last time anyone got murdered by a burnt out stoner?)

So I decided to fire up an arcade style racer instead... absolutely identical time scores. I wasn't surprised really. I mean playing GTA makes me feel a bit stoned without smoking anything.

So my theory on this is not that THC has no effect on your driving ability... but rather that whatever part of my brain is actually used to play video games is already permafried.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.

bftucker wrote:Listen, and understand! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

Is it from the future?

Nah...Canada, I think.

:) :lol:
Disturbinator?
"I speak for all mediocrities in the world. I am their champion. I am their patron saint."

aciddose wrote:I mean playing GTA makes me feel a bit stoned without smoking anything.
Oh this is a very interesting topic! I love GTA, but I played only San Andreas! I have bought the others in Steam, but waiting for finishing Darksiders first (I suck in fast actions and movements since I was a kid! Damn it!).

Sorry! off topic (but lovely) just like in Beyoncé video :oops:

aciddose wrote:If I didn't take it in good spirits why on earth would I keep coming back to this place?
Ah come on! You didn't just ask that did you?

Okay stating the obvious: Because you are the real Diva here and Divas need attention. It is quite understandable and I acknowledge your ability to get attention on basis of absolutely nothing.

Locus M wrote:Okay stating the obvious: Because you are the real Diva here and Divas need attention. It is quite understandable and I aknowledge your ability to get attention on basis of absolutely nothing.
I've been actually really bothered by that one for the last couple days and thought about not posting anymore on multiple occasions... At least I wanted to back off to prevent that appearance.

In fact Urs pushed me into replying now, I'd been reading the thread without posting for a while, just poking it with a stick here and there.

I was actually surprised he is considering this effect. I wish I had the remake or the rev.1 MS-20 as he does to apply the test there. Actually I'm semi-motivated to build the KORG35 circuit as accurate as possible to figure out exactly how much effect is present there. In theory my discrete opamp designs should be roughly similar, although the RC4558 uses the "vbe multiplier" bias circuit while mine uses a diode drop... I'm honestly not sure what difference this would make.

In any case I know the effect is important because of the huge amount of noise generated by the KORG35 circuit due to the very low voltage of the signals passing through the transconductive elements (transistors) required to reduce the frequency modulation and improve linearity.

Due to the noise you actually benefit from the crossover distortion! This silences the noise when no signal is present and it also has a small effect on feedback levels which seems beneficial.

I know this because in my discrete circuit I added a buffered feed-forward path to bypass the output stage transistors which allowed the opamp to almost entirely eliminate the crossover distortion via feedback. The result? Disastrous. Way more noise. The oscillation didn't build up in the same way. Harmonic content was slightly different.

Now as for how audible this is in the original KORG35 circuit, that is another question and one I've become a bit more interested in answering due to this thread.

Anyone who owns a MS-20 rev1 or MS-10 can test this without me having to bread-board the circuit (spice is painful to get good "how does it sound" results) which would be great.

Anyway I hate it when conversation is all about me. I may be a diva (I'm not in a position to judge I suppose) but I certainly don't want or need people to focus on me. I like to direct attention where I think it is needed but I hate being the center of attention myself.

I have learnt that I cannot expect from others to live up to my expectations. Especially when my expectations are high, obviously.

aciddose wrote:Yeah, so people genuinely want me to go away, leave KVR.
I definitely don't. Right now you are the reason why this thread is still alive giving us all an excuse for pseudo socializing. You have great value but probably not in the areas you most want it.

Return to “Instruments”