New install of AGG2 and AGM2 but no sound!!

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently had to do a complete PC overhaul due to a bad hard drive. I decided to use the full Ample Guitar installers that I had sent to my email via my ample guitar account. Everything seems to install just fine but when I open AGG or AGM either via Standalone or as a VST host in my DAW (Reaper 5) I do not get any sound coming from the instrument. I own AGG2 and AGM2. Help?

I am running Windows 7 professional 64 bit.
I have 32 gigs of Ram
Here are the install paths I chose for the instrument.
For the main engine I left it at the default: c:program Files\Ample Sound
For VST 64 (I did not install vst 32): C:MyVST
For my Library files: E:AmpleSound\AGG2 and E:AmpleSound\AGM2

And yes, I have chosen my Audio Driver in the Options menu

Scarlett 2i2. I chose ASIO driver for my Focusrite at 44100 HZ with buffer 442 samples (10.0 ms)

OK, just a little more to report. I hadn't intended to install an older version of Amplesound but given that AGG2 is not giving sound I decided to give my older 1.7 version a try and it all works fine. Even if I run AGG in the AShost it works fine and sound is all there. Not sure why v2 is not giving sound while v1.7 is working fine. I'm now going to install my old AGM v1.7 as well but expect the same results. All issues seem to be related to v2.

Alright, I've done some more tests and here is a Duh moment. Apparently you have to activate v2 before it will give you any sound. I had wondered about that however it said on the website that it did not have to be activated while running in demo mode so I figured why use up an activation (not sure if my number of activations in a year are limited or not) and get it working first before activating. So there you go, make sure you activate v2 first or you will not get any sound. Case closed(:

Thanks for report,
a. Ample Guitar requires an internet connection in the trial period.
b. You have expired the 7 day trial period.

That's the strange thing. This is a new PC build and I just installed it today so I'm not sure why it would think I have expired the 7 day trail. Oh well, nevertheless I have a full license so activating it fixed the problem. Thanks.

Return to “Ample Sound”