Extract value from array

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am having a blast creating an editor for the integra's pcm engine and it works wonderfully ,but there is one obstacle , bidirectional changes ( gui update )

I want changes to be made on the hw.unit to be reflected on the gui ( knobs )
This is done by unpacking the appropriate sysex string (send from integra), I know which value I want from the string but the problem is that it remains an array when unpacked [value,value,I want to extract this value,value,etc... ]
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

The output from [unpack sysex] is a standard array, so you can use [get element] modules to read the individual element values.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Tops :tu:
Eyeball exchanging

You need to pass in the index of the item in the array, not the value itself. So in your case, if you want to get the 22, use an index of 1 (indices start from 0.) The left outlet of [get element] returns a boolean which says if the item exists or not, and the right outlet the value itself.

EDIT: Think our posts crossed in the ether, but I'm glad you've got it working!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

All works ok
Reason I was was asking was because a while ago asked if it was possible to get the single elements out of a numeric table instead of list , iirc you said it was not possible ( I could be wrong ) .
Either way, this opens up a lot of possibilities , I can now use the numeric table as an actual multislider ( like in max msp ) spitting out individual values
Doing the whole Roland PCM engine is a hell of a lot of work , but I am getting there :tu:
The beauty of sysex is that I can combine parameters , turning the long winded level-time envelope into a regular adsr by controlling two levels with one parameter etc.. :tu:
Eyeball exchanging

I did notice something
Here you can see a numeric table spitting out individual vales to control each step of a 16 lfo ( Roland integra pcm engine ) , eachs slider =value of that step but there is a considerable lag
When just using a rotary ( last step ) the result is instant .
Eyeball exchanging

Could you send me that patch, and I'll take a look and see if I can work out why it is lagging. Thanks.

It's not that the patch itself is lagging , but more the receiving (hw) device
It's not that important really , it works pretty good
Eyeball exchanging

Thanks for letting me know.

Return to “Loomer”