Incredibly strange problem with Native American Flutes

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there.

I'm having a really wackid problem going on with the Native American Flutes kontakt library from Impact Soundworks, and I wanted to see if anyone up here with a similar setup can reproduce this, as I likely might have just found quite a bug.

I'm using a mac with Big Sur 11.6, and Logic 10.6.3.

I also use the Notorized version of Reaper, V6.36 as a backup DAW in a pinch.

Using the most up to date stand alone both of Komplete Kontrol, and also of the full paid version of Kontakt which come with 13 Ultimate, I've got an external USB drive which I use for all my factory side libraries, as well as all of my user libraries.

Today, I obtained a copy of the Native American Flutes library.

I am totally blind, literally speaking, no sarcasm meant by that statement. - I use the built-in Voiceover accessibility feature on my mac to read what is on my screen with speech. I bring this to your attention to state that I might have overlooked something prior to getting the library, at which point, ISW is going to need to look at getting this fixed, however here's my problem...

Regardless theDAW I use, If I try loading the NKI instrument preset file for any of the presets with this library which are not phrases such as Redtail Halk or the like, the DAW will totally crash/force quit with an error basically stating the application has quit, then I have the choices to either reload or to select OK.

When I use the icon to show details, nothing there at all is really at all revealing/telling of why this is happening. This happened prior to me batch saving the entire library through Kontakt stand-alone, but also is still happening even there after, go figure.

I thought it maybe was an issue of Kontakt 6.X not being compatible, or me needing to do that batch save like I've had to with some other older libraries, but that doesn't appear after all to be the case.

If I open either the sand alone, or the audio unit/VST or even VSTI versions of Kontakt/Komplete Kontrol, this is happening all over the board. Other libraries/presets both on the factory side and also on the user side are working flawlessly, so it's not something where either apps are looking in the wrong place for the library.

I didn't authorize the library in Native Access, but it doesn't appear you can, as it's not a 25 digit 5 sets of 5 formatted serial, so as far as NA is concerned, it's an invalid serial. Pulse had no issues however installing the product.

I used Pulse and uninstalled/reinstalled the product being sure when uninstalling to remove all data just in case my download/installation got corrupted somehow. That didn't help.

I've rebooted, rescanned my factory and user library areas, neither one helped.

I can get all the presets either manually loading the .nki files, or using the Komplete Kontrol browser with my M32 to load and work just fine regardless the DAW, if I load any of the presets that say phrases at the end of them. It's just the presets otherwise that are nonphrase related where this happens, which stinks , as I really don't care at all about the phrasings. I just want a melodic native american flute I can play kind of like R Carlos Nakai style to whatever melody I choose.

Can anyone on a mac reproduce this either in Logic or in Reaper, preferably Logic Pro?

I'm checking to see if there are any other preset files minus the actual samples I could grab, or maybe a different snapshot just in case the one included by default is broken.

At this point, I'm honestly open to trying anything. I thought if a library worked with at least Kontakt 5.X, it generally worked in Kontakt 6 as well. OK, you might have to do a batch save, but big deal. That's not hard to do. evidently, I'm wrong though. I don't understand what I could have possibly missed! Also, isn't this library NKS compatible?

With warmest regards.

NAF is not fully NKS compatible - only Kontakt Player libraries can be fully NKS compatible, and NAF is not a Kontakt Player library.

This is a very weird issue you're having there. I don't have an idea what it could be from the top of my head...

What's your timezone? Maybe we could try and arrange a TeamViewer session? Although I'm a Windows user and my Mac/Logic knowledge is fairly low.

However - do you get the same issue in Kontakt standalone?

Return to “Impact Soundworks”