Ample Sound Guitar VST's not working in GarageBand

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently posted this note on a different forum but just found the Ample Sound forum, so hopefully, this is a more direct path to answer my questions.

I am new to this composing music using VST, MIDI, and the like, so my question may seem trivial, but nonetheless, here goes:

Computer equipment-
I am using a MacBook Pro with Ventura 13.1, GarageBand version 10.4.7
I am trying to get the following guitar VST's to run on GarageBand:
Ample Sounds Guitar TC, Ample Bass P Lite II, and Ample Guitar M II.
They all work and sound great on start-up with the ASHost.app, so I assume they are functional.

When loading them in GarageBand, they are shown in the Plug-ins toggle, but instead of the guitar, I get a box of controls and settings (see attachment).

Someone suggested this as an answer:
"You could try to disable OpenGL in the settings from within ASHost (or the Rectangles app in the latest versions)."
But how do I do this disabling step?

What can I do? What have I done wrong to get the box instead of the guitar showing up in GarageBand?

Any help would be great.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fcchurchjr wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:59 pm I recently posted this note on a different forum but just found the Ample Sound forum, so hopefully, this is a more direct path to answer my questions.

I am new to this composing music using VST, MIDI, and the like, so my question may seem trivial, but nonetheless, here goes:

Computer equipment-
I am using a MacBook Pro with Ventura 13.1, GarageBand version 10.4.7
I am trying to get the following guitar VST's to run on GarageBand:
Ample Sounds Guitar TC, Ample Bass P Lite II, and Ample Guitar M II.
They all work and sound great on start-up with the ASHost.app, so I assume they are functional.

When loading them in GarageBand, they are shown in the Plug-ins toggle, but instead of the guitar, I get a box of controls and settings (see attachment).

Someone suggested this as an answer:
"You could try to disable OpenGL in the settings from within ASHost (or the Rectangles app in the latest versions)."
But how do I do this disabling step?

What can I do? What have I done wrong to get the box instead of the guitar showing up in GarageBand?

Any help would be great.

Thanks.
Are you using the Ample Guitar TC 3.6? If yes, please open Preference of GarageBand, uncheck option "Open plug-ins in Controls view by default".

That worked, thank you. All three Ample Sound Guitars are working with this simple 'uncheck.' Thanks!

I am using MacBook Air M1. I installed Ample Bass P Lite and Ample Guitar M Lite from plugin boutiques. I installed both software in my Mac. I opened GarageBand and when I try to open these VSTs I am able to find Ample Bass P Lite and not able to find Ample Guitat M Lite, I tried reinstalling it, but only the Bass VST is visible and not the guitar VST.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you

Return to “Ample Sound”