Egotist iPad copy to MIDI programs does nothing

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I mainly want to be able to go through all the presets from a keybaord or controller. Are any of the other preset browsers mappable? They don't seem to be but I haven't been through every PC on every MIDI channel

Hi alexisforge,

thanks for the report! I've checked the MIDI Program Change function but unfortunately, I couldn't reproduce the described problem here and it works as it should.

Normally you just choose 'Copy to Midi Programs' from the Preset folder and select the related presets, then confirm by clicking 'Copy to Midi Programs' again.

You should later see the preset in the Egoist preset menu within the Midi Programs folder but you may have to restart Egoist after copying files into that folder in order to reflect the changes.

Make also sure that the "Ignore Program Change" setting in the settings tab of Egoist is deactivated.

They should load according to their alphabetical order and of course this is limited to 128 presets.
And nothing will happen if you call program 100 and only have 2 presets in the folder. ;-)

And just to make hundred percent sure...please note that there's a difference between a MIDI note and a real MIDI Program Change message. So please check whether your controller is capable to do so,
since if it's sending MIDI notes or MIDI CC messages only, there technically is no way to call up the global presets of Egoist.

Best,
Nadine

Return to “Sugar Bytes”