Which software/plugins did Ventura break for you?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chagzuki wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:27 pm
Jac459 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:28 pm Indeed but RRP run on native apple silicon since a while already.... and perfectly on Ventura.
I'm confused with the various Reason iterations. I thought the Rack plugin was phased out and that therefore one had to use an older version... did I make that up? Am I right in thinking that only Reason 12 has apple silicon native compatibility? And it that's the case then there must be a Rack plugin still for Reason 12?
No no no, the RRP is not phased out, on the contrary. They are investing a lot on it and is is becoming a central point.
You can see that in their marketing, they are featuring a ton of artists using reason as RRP in their channel and it is everywhere in their website.

Also, it is basically a great product. Very resource efficient, very stable. I just regret it is not MPE and CLAP. But I really love it.

I confirm that the apple silicon native compatibility is only in Reason 12. Reason 11 doesn't have it.

chagzuki wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:18 pm Is Exponential Audio/Izotope R4 working the same in Ventura as in Monterey?
can anyone on Ventura answer this question please thank you?

i've just jumped from latest Monterey to latest Ventura.
I can report that R2 and R4 reverbs are working in Cubase 12 and Live 11 (VST3)

It appears that Ventura has broken VE Pro here. at least as connected to Cubase 12.
I hadn't used VEP before 13.6 (because Absynth 5 wouldn't play even one note without bringing the system to its knees under the early iLok-VSL VE Pro while it performed nicely plugged in 'the old way', and there were other things that weren't ready.).
Finally everything was silicon-ready so I set up frames for a project but every time the connection to VE Pro has killed the audio engine in Cubase. It's not attributible to silicon versions, same per Rosetta 2.
I've rebuilt the project many times as clean as can be done, and I don't think the MIDI copied from the original would in itself make Cubase think I've - extreme example - removed the audio hardware inside the computer.

At VSL one report coming back was this combination worked "perfectly" under Monterey.

oh JFC, it happened twice this last night with no VE Pro in sight, as I was trying to set up a new project {template basis from the last one which always worked}. This didn't start 'til September, and this machine came with Ventura installed in May. I moved on up to Sonoma in desperation, even. :help:

sqigls wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:43 am i've just jumped from latest Monterey to latest Ventura.
I can report that R2 and R4 reverbs are working in Cubase 12 and Live 11 (VST3)
Have to do this one again for Sonoma.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

yeah i think i'll give it an update or two before i make the jump.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”