UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

buzzlegs wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:04 pm Yes I agree, Xtreme FX 2 really needs to be able to change end point. Sorely missing that feature.
Can't you do that directly from Falcon (Not UVI workstation) ?

Jac459 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:23 am
buzzlegs wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:04 pm Yes I agree, Xtreme FX 2 really needs to be able to change end point. Sorely missing that feature.
No idea about Falcon, I’m using UVI workstation.

buzzlegs wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:12 am
I see. Generally (well, 100% of the time AFAIK) Falcon gives a total control of any expansions UVI sell (by being able to directly interact with every component of the synth behind).

UVI workstation only allows to play with the parameters planned by the sound bank creator.

This is a very important perk of having Falcon 3.

(I am not saying it is the way it should be, I am saying it is the way it is, don't kill the messenger).

It makes sense though, the workstation is free and Falcon is hundreds of dollars.

Personally I don't think it makes sense, the workstation maybe free but ExtremeFX is not as it's sold as a separate product, that's what you're paying for, so imo it should have the best tools available for it's purpose, in this case as an SFX machine, and for a SFX machine it should really have control over the end point of the samples.

buzzlegs wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:12 am
You can change the endpoints of samples from Xtreme FX 2 in Falcon, but you won't be able to make it loop with that adjusted end point. The sampler portion always defaults to it's last position. It's worst if you adjust the start and end points on sample and then try to loop it. If you adjust start & end points and then enable the loop feature, the start point goes back to the beginning of the sample.

EDIT: Using the looping in Falcon you can achieve this, but it will not work in UVI Workstation, as you have to set up the loop parameters manually inside of Falcon instead of using the front panel of Xtreme FX2
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

I wish there would be a dedicated spectral oscillator in Falcon. That would be awesome.

I have a nasty bug when I am trying to export audio with Falcon (even when bouncing a track).
Falcon (or the workstation) crashes.
I am on Bitwig/macOS/m2 pro, I don't remember having this issue before, is it related to 3.0.1 ?

Jac459 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:25 pm I have a nasty bug when I am trying to export audio with Falcon (even when bouncing a track).
I am on Bitwig/macOS/m2 pro, I don't remember having this issue before, is it related to 3.0.1 ?
Can you report that? Also I have 3.02 installed...?

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:24 am
Jac459 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:25 pm I have a nasty bug when I am trying to export audio with Falcon (even when bouncing a track).
Can you report that? Also I have 3.02 installed...?
I feel insulted lol.
I would never report a bug in a forum without reporting first to the support.

Return to “Instruments”