UAD still worth it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

bmanic wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:39 pm
jamcat wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:03 pm On the other hand, NoiseAsh has the Nuance Deviation (on everything BUT the 31002 :x ), which is basically the same thing as Brainworx's TMT.
It's worth pointing out here that NoiseAsh does the Nuance Deviation way way WAY better than most Plugin Alliance plugins. At least in my opinion..

NoiseAsh isn't going all crazy with it.. they give you subtle differences and subtle spread of various internal parameters/tolerances. The only PA plugins that do the TMT well are in my opinion the Knif Soma and Harris Doyle EQ, probably because in both cases the actual inventors and creators of the hardware units were heavily involved in the process and stopped the coders from going all nutty with it.

.. oh and LTL do their own TMT like thing for the Silver Bullet plugin and it's super useful and very nicely done!

As for NoiseAsh in general, I like em a lot but I'm hesitant in calling them truly authentic, at least when it comes to the saturation. It's a bit too "common waveshaper" in terms of the harmonic saturation spread. You'll notice that they are all very similar in how they saturate whereas actual hardware almost always has different amounts of harmonic distortion depending on incoming level and frequency. This isn't the case with NoiseAsh plugins.

Acustica Audio I can not really recommend as basic go-to plugins. They are way too CPU intense and the company just doesn't seem to care enough when it comes to making user interfaces that are logical. Every single plugin from them operates differently and has different sweetspots. It gets extremely frustrating very quickly. I'm almost 100% AA plugin free by now and only use a select few during final mixdown/mastering. They are excellent plugins sonically, most of the time, but the user experience of actually using them day to day is still frustrating.. and that company moves at a snails pace when it comes to improving the issues.
Completely 100% agree. TMT awful. NosieAsh and LTL actually have amazing implementation and awesome plugins.

discogsaddict wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:19 pm No not like that.
Had an email telling me I had a £25 voucher, noticed the sale and some plugins were £29

Picked up Cooper Time Cube delay. Always liked it but you know usual UAD prices.. didn't like it that much 😅
For £4 it was a no brainer though!

A few hours later another email saying I had another £25 voucher. So bought Oxide Tape plugin, also paying £4

After that no more emails.. probably a good thing or i could have ended up buying things I don't really need. Was debating the SSL bus comp which would have worked out at £14. I do own and use The Glue though so I don't really need it
I'm surprised they gave you a voucher on a transaction where you used one. Cool though.

Having the signature bundle gives me everything I need for now, but once more plugins go native I may have to spend more money with UAD...

comfortablynick wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 pm
discogsaddict wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:19 pm No not like that.
Had an email telling me I had a £25 voucher, noticed the sale and some plugins were £29

Picked up Cooper Time Cube delay. Always liked it but you know usual UAD prices.. didn't like it that much 😅

A few hours later another email saying I had another £25 voucher. So bought Oxide Tape plugin, also paying £4

After that no more emails.. probably a good thing or i could have ended up buying things I don't really need. Was debating the SSL bus comp which would have worked out at £14. I do own and use The Glue though so I don't really need it
I'm surprised they gave you a voucher on a transaction where you used one. Cool though.

Having the signature bundle gives me everything I need for now, but once more plugins go native I may have to spend more money with UAD...
I think I have everything I need but can't resist a bargain haha. And sometimes it's nice to add other flavours.
Seems once they go native the prices drop and with sales and vouchers it can be hard to pass up.
I'm waiting for the other lexicon reverb and the EMT 250 reverb. I can live without them sure, but would also make good use of them if I can buy for reasonable prices

discogsaddict wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:19 pm
Milos wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:40 pm
discogsaddict wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:11 am
Milos wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:38 pm Does anyone knows if they are giving 25$ thank you coupon after purchase?
They have a 39$ sale at the moment and I was thinking to snag a Helios EQ for 39$ and later when (if) they add coupon , 1176 collection for 14$(39-25) if it's possible .
I've had 2 vouchers and used them but no more after that
Let me get this straight - you bought a plugin , got 1 voucher and used it on the second plugin. You then bought third plugin and got the second voucher which you used on the fourth plugin ?
You bought the fifth plugin but no voucher after that ?
No not like that.

Bought something cheap and got the voucher, used it but no luck getting another one. Definitely been positively surprised by how good these uad plugins are now that i have actually been able to buy some a bit cheaper than their usual prices. (okay the space echo wasn't really doing it for me, but la2a, 1176, pultec, distressor, thats where the magic is for me)

Bought the Helios 69 and got the 25$ coupon - used it to buy Brigade Chorus for 4$.
Latter on bought the 1176 collection and again got the 25$ coupon and with that I've bought Studio D for 4$. I've spend more then double the money this way then for example buying signature bundle (250$ when it was promo 50$ voucher ) , but other people used to pay full prices so can't complain

Milos wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:32 pm Bought the Helios 69 and got the 25$ coupon - used it to buy Brigade Chorus for 4$.
Latter on bought the 1176 collection and again got the 25$ coupon and with that I've bought Studio D for 4$. I've spend more then double the money this way then for example buying signature bundle (250$ when it was promo 50$ voucher ) , but other people used to pay full prices so can't complain
Welcome to the UA party...

I also have a 25 EUR coupon in my cart, and I'm waiting for the next sale to happen after the 30th :lol:
Check out my OSC (One Synth Challenge) entries and more Logic Pro sequences on SoundCloud and YouTube.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:31 pm Welcome to the UA party...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn0sojoxFaw

I'm hoping we will see that Signature bundle deal some day in the future. I'm waiting for that before finally diving in to UAD land. The Console 1 UADx support tipped me over the edge.

nonstatic wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:32 am I'm hoping we will see that Signature bundle deal some day in the future. I'm waiting for that before finally diving in to UAD land. The Console 1 UADx support tipped me over the edge.
uad generally has a summer sale around June/July so I'd expect to see one on signature around then.

One of the main advantages of UAD, sometimes not taken into an account - the production ready status and in-time maintenance of their plugins.
While other companies may not take this seriously.

roman.i wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:30 pm the production ready status and in-time maintenance of their plugins.
What does that even mean?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:37 pm What does that even mean?
Never question Bruce Dickinson!

:tu: Well done - you got the reference and that even though I didn't put it in quotes! :-D
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:31 pm
Milos wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:32 pm Bought the Helios 69 and got the 25$ coupon - used it to buy Brigade Chorus for 4$.
Welcome to the UA party...
I mingled and then left the party. The after party is much better.

No UAD plugin is worth more than $29, same as Plugin Alliance and Waves. They’ve devalued everything and anyone paying more is making a personal choice to overpay. In fact, $5 is probably more the target price.

Return to “Effects”