Beta 13.0.44 is up

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes, it does. For me, that was corrected by deselecting "Quantise transport position change," thereby switching me back to the old way of cursor functionality. This may or may not be what you're after.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

JamminFool wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 6:00 am I have been trying to use the Comp Group feature in the latest version 13.0.44 but I can't seem to get it to work.

The problem is that it plays all of the tracks in the Comp Group concurrently rather than just the selected phrases, as indicated in the (second, lol) STEP 1 of the manual (shown above).

Bug? or What am I missing?
Must admit to not using the track comp featue, I do use clip comp extensively. But I thought I'd take a look and it seems to be working as expected here (Win 11). Swiping ranges of the takes works and all takes are not played concurrently. Can't off the top of my head think why you might be experiencing the issue.
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

operandx wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:00 pm
JamminFool wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 6:00 am I have been trying to use the Comp Group feature in the latest version 13.0.44 but I can't seem to get it to work.

The problem is that it plays all of the tracks in the Comp Group concurrently rather than just the selected phrases, as indicated in the (second, lol) STEP 1 of the manual (shown above).

Bug? or What am I missing?
Must admit to not using the track comp featue, I do use clip comp extensively. But I thought I'd take a look and it seems to be working as expected here (Win 11). Swiping ranges of the takes works and all takes are not played concurrently. Can't off the top of my head think why you might be experiencing the issue.
thank you for testing it; much appreciated. i am, however, baffled.

(just to be sure, you were using v13.0.44?)

JamminFool wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:14 pm

Yes indeed, .44 PRO
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

operandx wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:17 pm
JamminFool wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:14 pm

Yes indeed, .44 PRO
ok. i made a new test and it worked fine. which caused me to take a closer look at what was unique about my original case:

the tracks are all using melodyne. as soon as i remove melodyne, everything works as expected.

thanks again for your input, as knowing it was working for you caused me to dig deeper.

Isn't the little green chevron a start marker, loop, or region marker, and not REALLY a cursor?
Waveform 12; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

There's a bug when clicking on 'Multi Sampler->Slice drum loop' or 'Multi Sampler->Beat replace drum loop' from the actions menu or properties (after clicking on audio clip), opens an empty Multi Sampler on macOS, without adding the audio clip, or slicing it.

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 9.14.57 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I'm having a problem when I close out the Waveform13 app . When I go to relaunch it it does nothing , until a restart the computer . I'm on Windows11

ndrw9138 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:59 pm There's a bug when clicking on 'Multi Sampler->Slice drum loop' or 'Multi Sampler->Beat replace drum loop' from the actions menu or properties (after clicking on audio clip), opens an empty Multi Sampler on macOS, without adding the audio clip, or slicing it.

i tried this on windows and it seems to be working. so perhaps it is unique to macOS?

JamminFool wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:20 pm
ndrw9138 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:59 pm There's a bug when clicking on 'Multi Sampler->Slice drum loop' or 'Multi Sampler->Beat replace drum loop' from the actions menu or properties (after clicking on audio clip), opens an empty Multi Sampler on macOS, without adding the audio clip, or slicing it.

i tried this on windows and it seems to be working. so perhaps it is unique to macOS?
Thanks for looking into this. I found the cause. The 'Create Multi-out Wrapper?' dialogue, that appears if a default option isn't set, is messing with something. If 'Don't show again' is checked and an option selected, then redoing the steps, the audio appears correctly in the multi sampler.

Screenshot 2024-05-18 at 10.18.51 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ndrw9138 on Sun May 19, 2024 3:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

fedexnman wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:13 pm I'm having a problem when I close out the Waveform13 app . When I go to relaunch it it does nothing , until a restart the computer . I'm on Windows11
Which version of Waveform? 13.0.44?

Are you using a shortcut, or launching from the Start menu?

I'm on Win11 and it's working fine. Wonder if it's an OS issue with the shortcut. A reinstall of 13.0.44 might fix that.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Probably a OneDrive thing . I may need to reinstall 13.0.44 . I turned OneDrive sync off after I realized MS had it on by default . I can't stand Windows11 .

fedexnman wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 2:56 am Probably a OneDrive thing . I may need to reinstall 13.0.44 . I turned OneDrive sync off after I realized MS had it on by default . I can't stand Windows11 .
i don't understand why you think it has something to do with OneDrive. what makes you think so?

I uninstalled W13 and then reinstall same problem . I built a NEW PC and didn't realize OneDrive sync was on . I turned it off after I had installed most of my software and I think a lot of my software has stuff saved in OneDrive folders . I'll figure it out .

i guess i can see how Waveform might fail to find your projects or something if you set it up to save stuff on OneDrive, but that shouldn't cause Waveform to not load. it would just not find your user files.

but if it is due to the installation itself being somehow on OneDrive, then the fact that a reboot causes it to load again is even more confusing.

so if you turn OneDrive back on and try the same scenario, does the problem go away?

Return to “Tracktion”