Bitwig 50% off sale!

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bitwig always looked really expensive, but £170 for the full thing...
I used to be Bunnyboy many many years ago

liquidsound wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 6:47 am
pekbro wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:38 pm Folks around here don't like to talk about it, but seems like they have maneuvered specifically to get the most money as possible from users, even when they don't make any extra for it as in the case with vendors.

Anyway. just sayin, I no longer worry about that. :shrug:
The 10 yr discount 'bone' is certainly appreciated. :tu:
They just killed the secondhand market… 8)
The purpose I hope is that they feel ready to have much more clients.

EmmetPDX wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:02 pm
The silly thing is I can get a renewal off of a retailer and not go through the "gifting" rigmorole, I'm pretty sure the retailer needs to take a cut, so BW get even less money. Madness.
Yeah, that part of it is really crazy...
I ended up getting it directly from BW, the gifting part was already set up to gift it to myself, how did they know :)

Weirdly it was more expensive than the retailer as well but at least BW get all the money.

So now for the first time I have a future upgrade ready to go...
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Is this the lowest price ever for Bitwig?
I rarely considered Bitwig but now with 50% off I've been giving it a look-over.
Hmmm, looks good.

I there a good chance that BitWig will get ARA implementation?
Too bad the VST's are not allowed in the Rack wiht e Bitwid module.
This id OK with Bidule, Mulab and others.

Is there any penalty for buying from Thomann or other?
I have occasionally seen it when buying from a third party you loose the ease of update or other whatever.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:23 pm Is this the lowest price ever for Bitwig?
I rarely considered Bitwig but now with 50% off I've been giving it a look-over.
Hmmm, looks good.

I have occasionally seen it when buying from a third party you loose the ease of update or other whatever.
The Bitwig devs never reveal what they are going to do next,so I would buy it with zero chance that ARA impementation will ever happen,and if it ever does turn up it will be a nice surprise.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:23 pm Is this the lowest price ever for Bitwig?
Hmmm, looks good.

I don't know exactly what you mean for the VST in the Rack, but if you mean the Grid, you are right, the grid philosophy is to be very atomic features in order to build more complex lego. Chances are most of your VSTs already exists, reproduced in the Grid (look at polarity videos).

But if you mean, having a "rack" to put in a track and mix multiple synths, easily applying them the same effects, filters, wave shapers and modulation, then definitely Bitwig allows it through the Instruments Layer (it is a "rack" of instrument. You also have rack of effects, or Instrument Selector when you want to quickly switch instrument or fx on a same line...

Bitwig is definitely worth a try... But careful, when you start to be addicted with the modulation system, nothing can replace it.

Jac459 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:42 am
pekbro wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:38 pm Folks around here don't like to talk about it, but seems like they have maneuvered specifically to get the most money as possible from users, even when they don't make any extra for it as in the case with vendors.

That’s a clear result with that 50% discount, but the motive could be something else.
An unusual secondhand and slow “new customers” activity requires this kind of strategy, but hopefully it’s not the case here.
MuLab of course :D

liquidsound wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:52 pm

That’s a clear result with that 50% discount, but the motive could be something else.
An unusual secondhand and slow “new customers” activity requires this kind of strategy, but hopefully it’s not the case here.
Well if I trust the number of new channels advertised by YouTube algorithm, titled "why I switched to Bitwig", I would be very optimistic.

But even not trusting this (and I don't), I am quite optimistic to be honest. Bitwig is a good DAW... I am pretty sure it gains traction... (based on absolutely no data lol).

Jac459 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:56 pm

Well if I trust the number of new channels advertised by YouTube algorithm, titled "why I switched to Bitwig", I would be very optimistic.

But even not trusting this (and I don't), I am quite optimistic to be honest. Bitwig is a good DAW... I am pretty sure it gains traction... (based on absolutely no data lol).
Agreed. But, being in business for most of my life, I can’t avoid this kind of thoughts.

Maybe it’s because I have 2 unused codes doing worse that Tesla stock :hihi:

liquidsound wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 2:04 pm
Jac459 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:56 pm

Agreed. But, being in business for most of my life, I can’t avoid this kinds of thoughts.
Maybe it’s because I have 2 unused codes doing worse that Tesla stock :hihi:
Hehe, gotcha...

Boom February 2027...

Just took a bet on Bitwig...

Jac459 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:13 pm Boom February 2027...

So... I'm not alone :clap:

Jac459 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:13 pm Boom February 2027...

And the human race!
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Jac459 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:38 pm
Hmmm, looks good.

I don't know exactly what you mean for the VST in the Rack, but if you mean the Grid, you are right, the grid philosophy is to be very atomic features in order to build more complex lego. Chances are most of your VSTs already exists, reproduced in the Grid (look at polarity videos).

But if you mean, having a "rack" to put in a track and mix multiple synths, easily applying them the same effects, filters, wave shapers and modulation, then definitely Bitwig allows it through the Instruments Layer (it is a "rack" of instrument. You also have rack of effects, or Instrument Selector when you want to quickly switch instrument or fx on a same line...

Bitwig is definitely worth a try... But careful, when you start to be addicted with the modulation system, nothing can replace it.
Jac459 and dellboy,
Sorry, meant to write Grid. Thanks for catching my error. Really need to be able to easily connect the BW modules to the VSTi nd VSTfx modules just like in Bidule and Mulab and other modular environments.

That the ARA may arrive late of not at all is not good news. These two missing features make is a deal breaker for me. Really too bad as BW is such a nice DAW. Recently had wanDAWlust that is why I was looking at BW.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 1:16 am
Jac459 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:38 pm
Hmmm, looks good.

Jac459 and dellboy,
Sorry, meant to write Grid. Thanks for catching my error. Really need to be able to easily connect the BW modules to the VSTi nd VSTfx modules just like in Bidule and Mulab and other modular environments.

That the ARA may arrive late of not at all is not good news. These two missing features make is a deal breaker for me. Really too bad as BW is such a nice DAW. Recently had wanDAWlust that is why I was looking at BW.
Well, it is absolutely your right and I can understand how ARA is a bad news for you and while I personally hope for it in V6 this year, I have no element to confirm it.

But for the grid, let me disagree with you.
The grid is a kind of workshop in order to build your own instrument, or effect of midi player. Almost at electric component level. It needs to be extremely performant and lightweight. It totally makes sense to have it only made with Bitwig parts.

BUT, the grid is not your way to be modular. Bitwig IS modularity and I do believe that there is no other environment where you can be as modular with external VSTs.

The main reason for that is CLAP.

It you want to generate a signal from a VST and process it in another VST in a large scale, you want 2 things:
1 - unity of modulation
2 - polyphonic processing

1 - unity of modulation: with Bitwig you can have modulations at project, track, group of devices or device level. That is ideal in order to have a unity of modulation in your whole signal chain.

2 - polyphonic processing: that is much more important, if you can't process or modulate something polyphonicaly in your flaw, then you can do bass and EDM leads, but you can't have any chords. VST2 & 3 font alors polyphonic modulations from external sources. So your only way to go is CLAP. Bitwig devices are 100% CLAP. U-he and Fabfilter and TAL are following...
This way, with the modulation system of Bitwig, you can polyphonicaly control each of your component in the signal chain, with the very same modulator, polyphonicaly.

In practice, it is easy to think that the modular offer of Bitwig is the grid. But it is not. The grid is an instrument workshop. If you want modularity, you can directly compare and intricate instruments outside the grid and save presets. That's this part I am choosing 90% of the cases.

Return to “Bitwig”