Graphics BUG - MIDI out related

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Start XT2

Put a note into an instrument track and set up loop playback

Set the track output to the MIDI Out component (by right-click or by dragging a cable in the modular view)

You should get a really nasty noise and the graphics at top become corrupted -it looks like the main arrange window graphics are overlaid on top of what is there already.

If there aren't any MIDI notes to play then the bug doesn't show.

Mark

Just tried on another PC and the bug didn't happen.

1st machine was a laptop
2nd machine was a desktop pc

..both WinXP

The only obvious difference I can think of is that the laptop has onboard graphics & the desktop has a PCI graphics card.

Can anybody else repeat this bug?

Mark

cannot confirm here. seems to be a rare bug

I have just managed to ge the same 'bug' on my desktop PC

I have Maple Virtual MIDI on my PC and the bug appears when I have both a MIDI input and output selected in setup. I guess creating a MIDI feedback loop.

Can anyone get this to happen with any MIDI hardware?

Mark

i made a midi feedback loop with maple, and it happened like you described, with a weird noise and corrupted graphics in the menu bar. then i tried it with midi yoke (after disabling its feedback protection), and it made a noise but the menu bar was okay. in both cases, it caused high cpu usage which didn't go away when i disconnected the midi.

i also tried it in energyXT 1.4.1, and it seemed to behave better.
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

OK, so it is a bug, but probably not one that many users will come across - or me now that I know what's causing it!!

Perhaps something for Jorgen to be aware of though and hopefully be able to program a suitable fix for - even if it's just a warning message in setup that MIDI feedback loops aren't a good idea!!

Mark

I'm gonna try later with my hardware midi interface.

Return to “energyXT”